PDA

View Full Version : underpair w/ 88. Value bet river?

SNOWBALL138
11-07-2005, 11:47 AM
MP2 is 60/30/.7 over 60 hands and is basically throwing a party. I saw MP2 3 bet small pairs preflop multiple times and go to the river w/ an unimproved QJo after 3 betting it preflop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

I really wanted MP2's action all to myself here, and the blinds didn't defend too much.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

I hate this flop so much, and I strongly felt that SB, BB, and MP wouldn't bet with anything I could beat on the turn, but would lead out w/ a lot of hands so I could safely fold.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB folds, MP2 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP2 calls.

This feelsl ike a green light for me. The turn is a blank, and everyone is telling me they have nothing.

River: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

The river is pretty ugly IMO. It completes a straight and its another overcard. I wasn't particularly worried about a checkraise though b/c mp2 wasn't very tricky. What I was more worried about was MP2 either missing a draw and folding or check/calling something like T2 the whole way.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

toss
11-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I like how you played it. The Q and the T will hit a lot of hands that villains will likely play. JTs, T9s, 98s, stuff like that. The turn is a blank, SB open folds and MP2 checks. I'd say this is a greenlight to bet too. And the river is pretty ugly too. I see no value in betting.

The reason your post is all screwed up is that you're not changing the formating to 2+2. Right now its set to FTR.