PDA

View Full Version : Stuey

PokerBabe(aka)
06-18-2003, 08:06 PM
The movie "Stuey" just premiered in Vegas for a "film festival" at the Palms. For those of you who live here, it will be shown again at 10Pm on Friday.

The movie was much better than I thought it would be, and I really enjoyed the story and the acting.

Since I didn't know Stu, I cannot comment on whether the film is "100% accurate". It does not portray Stu as a junkie in a death spiral, but that point is made quite well in the film. It does portray Stu's "significant relationships" in a very realistic fashion and there is some good acting by ancillary characters. Stu's relationship with his father and "surrogate" father (mobster Vincent) seem very salient in his "development" and are at the heart of the story.

Stu's famed lack of discipline and inability to compromise come through very strongly in the film. His talent also comes through, but I think the film could use a few more "card scenes".

I don't know when (or if) the movie will actually "make it" into general circulation. If it does get shown in your hometown, you can spot the Babe in both the opening and closing "crowd" scenes. Don't blink, or you will miss me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Mark Heide
06-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Pokerbabe,

If I do see the film, how will I know who's you?

Mark

Barry
06-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Look for the Jamie Lee Curtis lookalike!

scalf
06-19-2003, 06:45 AM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif lol..we already hashed this one out...lol...gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Tyler Durden
06-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey babe, do you play on Party as thePokerBabe?

PokerBabe(aka)
06-19-2003, 07:55 PM
No Tyler, It's not me at Party. You are the 3rd person who told me that someone is using my name. Beware of "cheap" imitations....there is only ONE PokerBabe. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Duke
06-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Thought it was a great film, and I think it would do well in wide release. How can it not, given that the WPT on the travel channel is doing pretty well?

I think that people either do play poker, or sort of wish they played poker well.

~D