PDA

View Full Version : AKo

Nietzsche
11-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Pretty standard hand but MP is a strange player, 85/12 and very passive on the flop and turn. On the river he donks a lot - he actually bets the river twice as often as he bets the flop, so not a very common player.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.fourthnut.com/cgi-bin/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero?

For once he didn't donk. Do I have a valuebet?

Is the turn check OK considering his tendencies?

11-07-2005, 09:07 AM
I think you're missing value if you check this behind. Normally against a LP, I would bet the turn and check behind river.
But with your read that says he likes to donk the river (which I guess means he has something) I think there's value in another bet on the river since he didn't donk this time.

Nietzsche
11-07-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're missing value if you check this behind. Normally against a LP, I would bet the turn and check behind river.
But with your read that says he likes to donk the river (which I guess means he has something) I think there's value in another bet on the river since he didn't donk this time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily, and I should have included this in my description: His river bets are pure bluffs a high percentage of the time. They carry very little information.

Danenania
11-07-2005, 10:41 AM
You must bet turn. River I like a check.

obsidian
11-07-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You must bet turn. River I like a check.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, bet the turn here. This is actually a decent flop for your hand. I almost never value bet A high so I check behind the river.