PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Full House Concept

ThePortuguee
11-07-2005, 07:51 AM
I forgot to log the hand but here's what happened, I think on turn it's an intersting situation:

Six-Handed PLO Hi
Hero is BB with: 8-6-5-4
Villain is MP
Minraised pot, four way, flop is: 8-8-6

Hero pots, Villain flat calls, folds around.

Turn: (8-8-6) K

Hero pots, Villain repots.

I think this is an insta fold. Unless Villain is on a dumbass bluff, he has exactly: 8-6, 8-K, or KK. If hero makes decision to continue here, the only real play is to raise since he only has about 20-30BB left behind after a call. Given the apparent situation regarding Villain's holdings, it seems to me that, at best, Hero gets his money in a split-pot situation here. More likely, though, Villain either holds 8-K, in which case Hero is drawing dead, or 8-6-x-y, in which case, if x or y are bigger than 7, Villain is frerolling. As such, Hero is either splitting or losing all his money here, but he's never winning anything. So instafold, right? Thoughts?

Tilt
11-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Depends on the game/opponent. There are situations where this is an all-in. But against reasonably tight opponents I agree with you.

DRKEVDC
11-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Insta fold, if this guy is that big of a donkey you will get paid off somewhere else.

LA_Price
11-07-2005, 11:05 AM
this is usually a pass as people tend to not bluff alot in this spot. Think about this hand the next time you are in position with say AKQ8 on a board like this. Say the turn is a Jack instead of a king you should consider pushing if you know your opponent is a tight player as the jack could be a scare card for him.