mbh58 calls [150].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]
HERO bets [200].
mbh58 calls [200].
** Dealing River ** [ Td ]
HERO checks.
mbh58 bets [350].
HERO call/raise/kill himself?????????

should i have bet more on the flop??....the turn is where i think i went wrong....should i have checked that turn...or commited myself further????

Hendricks433
11-07-2005, 07:36 AM
I bet a little more on the flop. Turn is kind of scary. I never know what to do when that hits. So Ill let others give advice on that.

bones
11-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Bah. You played this one the way 90% of the posters in your other thread suggested. Raised JJ in EP, led flop, led turn.

Did it make the hand any easier to play? Apparently you still have no idea where you are in the hand. No clue why you would fold the river, but I guess you considered it.

I guess you could be beat here, but you have to call.

11-07-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess you could be beat here, but you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the river i know i should call....im more concerned with my turn action....should i have pushed or checked to him....wouldnt the turn be a better spot to either commit myself or let the hand go.....

11-07-2005, 07:47 AM
um.. call the river?

11-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Bet closer to pot on flop, this usually makes it easier to tell if he's on a draw or has a made hand.

emptypockets
11-07-2005, 07:51 AM
I think the pf-bet is alright if you want to play aggressively early on.
On the flop the pot is 245, so your 150 bet should be ok to price out a flushdraw.
However, when he calls your flopbet I would slow down.
Considering his stack and him calling your bet, I would put him on a badly played flushdraw, twopair (78), a set or overpair.
On the turn you are only ahead of TT and a bluff here so I would be a chicken and check-fold the turn.
Since you bet out on the turn, I think you´re already potcommitted on the river, so why not push?

Let me know if you guys think I´m out of line here.

bones
11-07-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wouldnt the turn be a better spot to either commit myself or let the hand go.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I play it different on all streets, but if I were in your position on the turn, I'd go ahead and push.

bones
11-07-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering his stack and him calling your bet, I would put him on a badly played flushdraw, twopair (78), a set or overpair.
On the turn you are only ahead of TT and a bluff here so I would be a chicken and check-fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the preflop action, putting him on exactly this range is nuts.

emptypockets
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
What more hands would you put him on when he flatcalls your flopbet?
And after the turnbet?

tigerite
11-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Now see I usually would limp JJ here UTG.

11-07-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...I would put him on a badly played flushdraw, twopair (78), a set or overpair....

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt worry about an overpair or 2pr much....i think both of those situations would have broght a raise by him...however i did think a lot about the flush and the set...spade face cards and mid pp was i thought about......but i think most players woulda raised that flop with a set too.....righ??

bones
11-07-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What more hands would you put him on when he flatcalls your flopbet?
And after the turnbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno...A8, 99, 66, 55, bare As on turn, etc etc.

When you start narrowing your opponents range to just the hands that beat you, including the impossible (78, any 2p combo for that matter), you start folding way too many hands to ever be profitable at these levels.

HesseJam
11-07-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wouldnt the turn be a better spot to either commit myself or let the hand go.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. ... but if I were in your position on the turn, I'd go ahead and push.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop call and the 3rd s are bad news and make that a difficult hand to continue. Villain could also now have the flush draw ace. So I think it's either put up or shut up.

In the lower limits I sometimes put in a small raise which will be my last attempt at the pot if villain asks too much to continue. I know it's bad style but it works often enough.

HesseJam
11-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Nice line up in your avatar.

I wish that was my team.

bones
11-07-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In the lower limits I sometimes put in a small raise which will be my last attempt at the pot if villain asks too much to continue. I know it's bad style but it works often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

A small raise? You're first to act, so you can't raise. I'm assuming you want to throw out some sort of weak lead.

You have an overpair with a redraw to the 4th nuts, a strong hand but a vulnerable one. Why is everyone giving the opponent in the hand the opportunity to either get in cheaply or move us off of this hand?

emptypockets
11-07-2005, 08:15 AM
I still don´t think you´re ahead enough times here to not let this one go on the turn.

HesseJam
11-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I used the wrong terminology. I meant a weak lead which is sometimes misinterpreted by villains as a bluff enticer. Well, it might well work out to be one in this case which of course would be a bad result.

11-07-2005, 09:34 AM
id say he wasnt going for a str8 or flush coz he called raise preflop(preflop raise may be too small i like 4-5 timesBB, you wana just get one caller or end the hand rite there). his call Preflop could indicate PP which since he didnt RR is probably a low PP which could easily linked up with the board cards. i would be cautios after his call on after the flop but in this situation i would call the river . odds a decent and u have strong hand, only can lose against a set i feel. wot u think