PDA

View Full Version : C/R'D on Ragged Board HU

flopmonster
11-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Villain is 24/15/3 over 55 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

What are my options here?

speirs
11-07-2005, 03:33 AM
I would fold also. He likely has a medium pair which is an overpair on the flop (?)

Optisizer
11-07-2005, 04:01 AM
I would fold also.
What does 24/15/3 mean?

flopmonster
11-07-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold also.
What does 24/15/3 mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokertracker stats...get it

Nick C
11-07-2005, 04:32 AM
I would call the turn, hoping to catch a 4, Q, or A.

I'm not sure if I'd rather catch a queen or 4. A queen does still lose to a set, but a 4 could just give me a chop. (Meanwhile, if I catch an ace, I do still lose to 44 and suited aces that have me reverse-dominated.)

I'm not really entirely convinced I'm behind, but if Villain is checkraising A6s, then he has to contend with getting called by bigger aces and played back at by overpairs.

The large number of set possibilities this opponent could hold does have me thinking your fold might be more sensible than the call I would make.

MyTurn2Raise
11-07-2005, 05:11 AM
I'd reraise the flop.
What does the villian have?
Possibly an overpair to the flop, which you are still drawing quite live against (A,Q,or4)
Possibly a set...wouldn't he wait for turn to pop ya?
Same with A4.
There are no flush draws.

So, I pop him again on the flop to see what the c/r is all about. I think he's just trying to push you off overcards.

WillMagic
11-07-2005, 05:28 AM
How about you call with your ten-out draw.

Just a thought.

EDIT: For that matter you could three-bet the flop. And then maybe bet the turn. Villain doesn't really have to have anything.

Will

11-07-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just a thought.

EDIT: For that matter you could three-bet the flop. And then maybe bet the turn. Villain doesn't really have to have anything.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very difficult to imagine hero's draw to be worth even six full outs, let alone ten.

WillMagic
11-07-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just a thought.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very difficult to imagine hero's draw to be worth even six full outs, let alone ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. If he's got some middle pair like 77 or 88 (which is his most likely hand) then we have ten outs. He probably doesn't have a set because he didn't slowplay. And, best case scenario, he could have like AJ-A6 and be making a play...etc.

Our hand is wayyy too strong to fold here.

Will

flopmonster
11-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Yea I usually three bet this flop, but for whatever reason I pussed out. I think that is probably the best play and I really thought the villain was trying to push me off overs.

Nick C
11-07-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just a thought.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. If he's got some middle pair like 77 or 88 (which is his most likely hand) then we have ten outs. He probably doesn't have a set because he didn't slowplay. And, best case scenario, he could have like AJ-A6 and be making a play...etc.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, if Villain has a pocket pair, it would have to be specifically 88 (or higher) for us to have 10 full outs.

WillMagic
11-07-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just a thought.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, if Villain has a pocket pair, it would have to be specifically 88 (or higher) for us to have 10 full outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

Will