PDA

View Full Version : My windows calculator got deleted.

11-07-2005, 03:14 AM
I ran disk cleanup and defragmenter, because I heard you were supposed to do that every few months or so. But after I ran them, my windows calculator got deleted somehow. I searched for it and everything, but it's not there. I need a calculator for bonus whoring. Is there a place I can download it?

I went to download.com and found a program called Beautiful Calculator, but the buttons are too small and it doesn't have a decimal button (WTF?).

astroglide
11-07-2005, 03:31 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

there's an enhanced calculator from microsoft themself. some other stuff you may want too.

you could try looking in windows\system32\dllcache though, calc.exe might be there too.

Stu Pidasso
11-07-2005, 04:04 AM
Hit the start button
Then the run button
In the box type "calc" wo quotes and hit enter.

Stu

CORed
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
The question is whether the executable got deleted, or just the shortcut. Most likely it's the shortcut. calc.exe is the executable. It should be in C:\Windows\System32 (on an XP system, anyway). If it's still there, you just need to create a new shortcut in your start menu or desktop. If the executable is gone, the simplest thing to do is just to copy it from another computer. It's a small file (112Kb) so it will fit on a floppy or USB key.