PDA

View Full Version : 99 - underpair on flop

11-07-2005, 01:13 AM
SB is (26 hands) 26.9 0 20 & passive postflop
Btn is (228 hands) 43.9 24.1 50.4 & avg agg postflop

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.fourthnut.com/cgi-bin/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ???
<font color="blue"> Do I bet this? What's my plan otherwise? </font>

me454555
11-07-2005, 01:26 AM
I check call here, you're not likely to fold anyone and you're likely to get raised. If its 2 bets back to you, you can fold w/confidence

StellarWind
11-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Checkfolding seems craven but it's probably the best play. Obviously you could have the best hand or a big pile of live outs, but usually you are behind and most of your outs are traps or chops.

The nature of the board and the presence of a tight/passive third player in the pot should give Button pause. If he still finds a bet I don't like your chances.

Another idea would be to check and only call the turn if SB folds in front of you. That's a much better chance than hoping that Button is bluffing and SB is drawing.

Alobar
11-07-2005, 02:01 AM
I like this reply. The only thing I dont like about a check is that if button checks behind and you do ave the best hand, there are a bazillion turn cards that ruin you, but given the situation I think its prolly the best play

joker122
11-07-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I dont like about a check is that if button checks behind and you do ave the best hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

but don't forget SB is still in the hand, so the chance we are ahead of both button and sb are slim. thus we are the one who will often be getting the free card.

also, besides sometimes an ace or king, what river cards are going to cost us the pot?

Alobar
11-07-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

also, besides sometimes an ace or king, what river cards are going to cost us the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

a Q or a T sucks too

joker122
11-07-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a Q or a T sucks too

[/ QUOTE ]

true. i missed the possibility of a counterfeit.