PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy and American Dad tonight

HopeydaFish
11-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Was it just me, or was American Dad much funnier than Family Guy tonight? Family Guy was okay, but I found it a little too predictable. It was still worth watching, if only because of the Osama Bin Laden bit at the beginning (followed by the Police Squad-style intro), and Quagmire's intro for his late night show.

American Dad keeps getting better and better, though. I really hated it when it first came out, but it really seems to have hit its stride.

pokerdirty
11-07-2005, 12:45 AM
this seems to be the consensus over the past 6 episodes of these two shows.

PoBoy321
11-07-2005, 12:46 AM
I thought the exact opposite. I thought that Family Guy tonight was very funny, although I admit, it did have a few slow spots, but that American Dad, as usual, sucked.

JcTc
11-07-2005, 12:46 AM
I actually thought the Family Guy episode was one of the best new ones since the show came back.

Exitonly
11-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Family guy was excellent tonight.

American Dad i like too, but not quite as much.

11-07-2005, 12:50 AM
It starts in 15 minutes here, but I'm really getting pissed at this show "The War at Home". What is this crap? I want to see family guy and American dad, not some crappy comedian who finangled his way into getting a show. And Simpsons TOH sucked donkey balls.

2+2 wannabe
11-07-2005, 12:51 AM
agreed - I've been very impressed with American Dad after its horrendous beginning

miajag81
11-07-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually thought the Family Guy episode was one of the best new ones since the show came back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wes ManTooth
11-07-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Family guy was excellent tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

the random referances in tonights episode were excellent.

HopeydaFish
11-07-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It starts in 15 minutes here, but I'm really getting pissed at this show "The War at Home". What is this crap? I want to see family guy and American dad, not some crappy comedian who finangled his way into getting a show. And Simpsons TOH sucked donkey balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, "The War at Home" is absolutely horrible. I tried watching it a few times when it first came on, but soon discovered that it is basically unwatchable.

11-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Has anyone else gotten to the point where it seems most Family Guy episodes are three minutes of blah blah blah, followed by a flashback?

"hey, this is like the time..."
"remember that time..."

...and yet, it is still funny.

Exitonly
11-07-2005, 01:06 AM
flashbacks, obscure references, and shock-factor is what Family Guy is all about. And i love every minute.

EAT THAT RED CARPET

PoBoy321
11-07-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, "The War at Home" is absolutely horrible. I tried watching it a few times when it first came on, but soon discovered that it is basically unwatchable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched it tonight and thought it was OK. The plot was pretty meh and there were a couple of one liners that got a chuckle out of me, but all in all it was very mediocre.

The slutty daughter looks pretty good, though.