PDA

View Full Version : $33 Confused on Bubble

Dr_Jeckyl_00
11-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Ok, so in this situation I thought it would be best to help chip leader take out other villain. My reasoning is that w/ me in pot it was more likely that we are successful at taking shorter stack out; if chip leader wins I get 3rd; if I win I have a huge stack; if short villain wins I am not necessarily out unless chip leader beats me too; if I fold I am ok for about 2 orbits...

Your thoughts?

Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 3: Dr_Jeckyl_00 ( $1200 )
Seat 9: CSTMFAB1 ( $4900 )
Seat 8: gretzky1069 ( $910 )
Seat 4: shawnloiko ( $990 )
Trny:17202682 Level:8
Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dr_Jeckyl_00 [ Jc Ts ]
shawnloiko folds.
gretzky1069 is all-In [910]
CSTMFAB1 calls [710].
Your time bank will be activated in 5 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
Dr_Jeckyl_00 will be using his time bank for this hand.
HERO?
Results in White <font color="white">
Dr_Jeckyl_00 is all-In [800]
CSTMFAB1 calls [290].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 3h, Kh ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
CSTMFAB1 shows [ Ad, Kc ] a pair of kings.
Dr_Jeckyl_00 shows [ Jc, Ts ] a straight, nine to king.
gretzky1069 shows [ 6s, Ah ] a flush, ace high.
Dr_Jeckyl_00 wins 580 chips from side pot #1 with a straight, nine to king.
gretzky1069 wins 2730 chips from the main pot with a flush, ace high</font>

11-07-2005, 12:52 AM
I fold, and I have not looked at the results yet.

You've gotten what you've wanted. A small stack pushing with the big stack calling. If small stack wins, you're still 3rd in chips. If big stack wins, you're in the money.

JT here is not something I'm willing to put my bubble life on the line. What could the small stack push with? Maybe any 2, but more than likely Qx-Ax to any pair, any suited connectors lower than JT, you're a favorite. I know you wanted to check it down with the big stack to eliminate him, but you aren't in the chip position to do so, IMO. Fold that, and push when you get a decent hand.

Against Qx-Ax you're a dog, any pair you're a dog, and suited connectors

suited_ace
11-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Even though the pot odds are really juicy, I don't think calling is a good idea. Even though you get a really good shot at getting a 1st if you win this hand, losing it to the big stack almost puts a lock on a 3rd place, losing it to the short stack is a total disaster.

This is a spot where you should be looking to preserve your blind-stealing ability wether the bubble bursts or not. I didn't look at the results, but don't second guess yourself just because the flop came JTT.

11-07-2005, 03:26 AM
I fold this without a second thought, but if you are going to play it for some reason, don't push. Call and see if big stack will let you see the turn/river for free. Then, when you lose, you've at least got chips left.

HesseJam
11-07-2005, 05:47 AM
This is a clear fold in my book. You should not be helping the big stack in this case. The big stack is already helping you to get ITM. Do not intervene with mediocre hands.

tigerite
11-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Awful.

bennies
11-07-2005, 06:04 AM
I like your thinking but I fold for two reasons.

A) it's not your job to help big stack, you are 2nd stack and should hold your horses. Had you been 3rd stacked I like this much more. However,

B) even 3rd stacked I would probably fold too, JTo is not strong enough I think, with KQ or 66 I'd like it.

Now, could you pleeeease tell me how to make and read that stuff in white /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

TheNoodleMan
11-07-2005, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Now, could you pleeeease tell me how to make and read that stuff in white /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
there are colors that you can click on when you post. It will seem painfully obvious next time you post.
To read the white text just highlight the text with you cursor like you are going to copy and paste.

11-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Don't call here.

bennies
11-07-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
there are colors that you can click on when you post. It will seem painfully obvious next time you post.
To read the white text just highlight the text with you cursor like you are going to copy and paste.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> you're absolutely right, it hurts...</font>