PDA

View Full Version : BB hand makes me feel like when I climb the rope in the gym class

jskills
11-07-2005, 12:23 AM
After hands like this, I invariably find myself looking at how much more I could have made or how much I really didn't need to lose.

Villan is a calling station type. 25/2/0.15 over 40 hands or so.

I realize this hand involves a very small pot, but I think repeating situations like this over and over can contribute to a leak if not played correctly.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>

What's the plan for the turn and river here?

Alex/Mugaaz
11-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Bet?

toss
11-07-2005, 12:25 AM
I bet against the calling station type. Muck to a raise of course.

JacksonTens
11-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Bet. Check river.

However I would have checked the flop. c/r or folding depending.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Nick C
11-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, Villain doesn't seem especially loose preflop, so being out of position with TPNK on this highly coordinated broadway board isn't much fun.

I guess I would bet-fold, hoping I'm up against a hand like QT, JT or AJ. What's frustrating is that even though Villain is passive, he may find a raise with QJ, and against that hand, I'd have the odds to draw. But I don't think we can call a raise, since often we'll have very few outs (and sometimes we'll be drawing dead).

If you just get called, the river is going to be uncomfortable too. If you check-fold, you may save a bet (and win anyway when Villain checks his worse hands behind). But if you bet-fold on a river blank, how often will Villain have a worse hand when he calls? I'm not sure.

jskills
11-07-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, Villain doesn't seem especially loose preflop, so being out of position with TPNK on this highly coordinated broadway board isn't much fun.

I guess I would bet-fold, hoping I'm up against a hand like QT, JT or AJ. What's frustrating is that even though Villain is passive, he may find a raise with QJ, and against that hand, I'd have the odds to draw. But I don't think we can call a raise, since often we'll have very few outs (and sometimes we'll be drawing dead).

If you just get called, the river is going to be uncomfortable too. If you check-fold, you may save a bet (and win anyway when Villain checks his worse hands behind). But if you bet-fold on a river blank, how often will Villain have a worse hand when he calls? I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick - this is perfect analysis. I ended up betting the turn and not surprisingly, he called. I'm putting him on a Q or a K that's got to be better than mine.

And then the river was uncomfortable. I eneded up check / calling. Essentially, many calling stations play almost every hand WA/WB without knowing they're doing it.

toss
11-07-2005, 10:56 AM
I'd check/fold the river. With villain's stats I don't think you'd have to worry about him betting a worse hand. Then again sample size may be too small.

11-07-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check/fold the river. With villain's stats I don't think you'd have to worry about him betting a worse hand. Then again sample size may be too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that lots of these passive types pretty much auto bet when checked to on river with any piece. However, i think the river, ie if your kicker plays, is kindof important here.

crunchy1
11-07-2005, 12:15 PM
I really don't understand the comments above. Why are we advocating checking - or even worse check/folding against a calling station, HU with top pair. This is ludicrous.

Bet the turn, if he raises it's an easy fold. Bet the river for value - there's no reason to check here (i.e. we're not going to try an induce a bluff from a player with a .15 AF).

krimson
11-07-2005, 12:38 PM
I bet every street and fold if raised. c/c'ing the river is -ev in my opinion, he's rarely bluffing when checked to so your just putting in bets while behind and missing a bet when ahead. None the less I don't dislike my hand so much that I would c/f, even a passive played could bet a Q I think.