PDA

View Full Version : Party 600 - Top two facing a bet and raise on flop

inyaface
11-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Just sat down a few hands ago. No reads. Neither player seems out of line. My thoughts preflop are I hate playing AK OOP while I considered a reraise I had no real feel for the table and didn't want to get involved in a big pot OOP. Flop I wanted to check to see how the other two played the hand. Since QJ and a set are two very possible hands I wanted to keep the pot smallish until I could Re-evaluate on the turn. As for the turn I'm obviously just trying to get all the chips in. Any FH is probably not folding..I'm not sure about QJ but they might be sticking around to. River I think any hand that bet the turn won't fold the river so just push. Any thoughts on better lines or is this ok?

Seat 1: powhound ( $446.60)
Seat 2: REAL_CLOSE ( $582)
Seat 3: gmmike ( $237.28)
Seat 4: enyoj ( $1112.35)
Seat 5: HERO ( $941.35)
Seat 6: TU95BEAR ( $4519.97)
enyoj posts small blind (3)
HERO posts big blind (6)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Ac, Kd ]
TU95BEAR folds.
powhound raises (15) to 15
REAL_CLOSE calls (15)
gmmike folds.
enyoj folds.
HERO calls (9)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Td, Ah, Kc ]
HERO checks.
powhound bets (20)
REAL_CLOSE raises (80) to 80
HERO calls (80)
powhound calls (60)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Kh ]
HERO checks.
powhound checks.
REAL_CLOSE bets (175)
HERO calls (175)
powhound folds.
** Dealing River ** : [ 6d ]
HERO bets (671.35)

gol4pro
11-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Pot flop. Call Raise, and CR all in on turn depending on read/feel of situation.

Most people do not play QJ this way on this flop. Sets are possible, but he almost certainly does not have AA/KK. TT is obviously not out of the question, but you're going to end up all in on the turn anyway against it.

As played, make it 200 on flop, and weak lead the turn once the K hits... representing QJ/AT. When he raises your arse, he's about to get stacked.

11-07-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot flop. Call Raise, and CR all in on turn depending on read/feel of situation.

Most people do not play QJ this way on this flop. Sets are possible, but he almost certainly does not have AA/KK. TT is obviously not out of the question, but you're going to end up all in on the turn anyway against it.

As played, make it 200 on flop, and weak lead the turn once the K hits... representing QJ/AT. When he raises your arse, he's about to get stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain CERTAINLY does not have KK since hero has AK...

JKratzer
11-07-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
villain CERTAINLY does not have KK since hero has AK...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's talking about the flop, when it is possible.

JKratzer

stealyourface
11-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Check call.

Check call.

Open push.

What hands can you have here besides a monster?

bigt439
11-07-2005, 03:27 AM
If you're going to just push the river, why not check raise the turn?

inyaface
11-07-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to just push the river, why not check raise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Villan had 1010 and I knew I was going to stack him anyways... /images/graemlins/confused.gif