PDA

View Full Version : wassup b*tches??

Alobar
11-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Long time no type /images/graemlins/smile.gif

opponent in this hand is 37/14/3 with a WtSD of 33

I called PF intending to c/r any flop

folded to the button who open raises. SB folds, I call in the BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

check, bet, raise, call

turn is the K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, he raises, I pause for about 3 seconds and then 3 bet it

I plan on betting almost any river if he calls.

thoughts?

smurfitup
11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
if you miss the river, i dont really know what a bet accomplishes.. this pot is pretty big, so the guy isn't laying down a pair here... if he has a busted flush draw, he might bet the river if checked to, but he obviously won't call... i'm not sure what i think about the bet-3bet line on the turn.. it usually screams strength, so if opponent is thinking, it might have a good chance of succeeding.

New001
11-06-2005, 11:42 PM
I can't see myself ever doing anything but check/folding a missed river here. I don't think he folds a pair here he if called the turn 3-bet.

Nietzsche
11-06-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see myself ever doing anything but check/folding a missed river here. I don't think he folds a pair here he if called the turn 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a decent chance hero is up against a better ace raising for a free showdown (which he will fold on the turn or the river moist of the time), or simply a trash stealing hand that used the overcard to bluff in which case hero is value raising as well as avoiding folding the best hand.

I'm not 100% sure this is better than calling but if not it isn't far behind.

Alobar
11-07-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My theory at the time was that he may call the turn with some sort of made hand, hoping to hit one of his "outs" but then folding if he doesnt. In practice I dunno if that happens often enough for it to be correct, but I hadnt done anything stupid at the table, and his WtSD was such that I figured he at least knew where the "fold" button was located on the screen.

But also, If he calls there is some chance he is on a draw maybe a flush or a hand like QT, and a river bet might win me the pot those times he misses his draw, but hits a pair, or the times he was dong it with a hand like AQ or AT, bluffing the K but then calling with the gutshot. And even if he is on a draw and doesnt hit some pair, and ive got the better hand, I still like a bet because it gets him to fold his hand, and keeps him from seeing mine. Which I think has a lot of value in a spot like this.

Whether or not any of that makes the play worthwhile, im not really sure, which is why I posted it. And thats all contigent on the 3 bet even being a good play.

BottlesOf
11-07-2005, 12:39 AM
I feel like the turn is a little spewy. I'd 3-bet pf as well.

ArturiusX
11-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Instead of this, how about check/call check/raise? That way, he'll rarely have the outs to peel, shows a lot of strength, and if the card fells this way you still have outs.

The Truth
11-07-2005, 02:56 AM
I like it, but I bet/call turn instead of 3 betting.

bugstud
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I think with this wtsd bet3bet is ok