PDA

View Full Version : Running into trouble with KQ off.

11-06-2005, 10:42 PM
So I play 1/2 and when I get KQ off I usually follow the creedo "Raise if it hasn't been raised yet. Fold if it has."

What happens though is I get into trouble when someone behind me 3-bets it and even more trouble when another calls 3 cold. It's back to me getting at least 8-1 so I have to call.

Do I ditch this on the flop if it's not something like TJ4? Or KQ5?

I mean should I only play this hand for a straight or 2-pair or better?

Against 2 opponents, if either a K or Q flops, you often are dominated by AK, AQ, QQ, KK, AA. Happened to me earlier today Q high flop and I throw all kinds of bets.

Help?

11-06-2005, 10:45 PM
When I get 3 bet holding KQo I am not very happy. Pretty much I ditch anyflops that I miss as your overcard outs are very tainted. If I flop a pair of queens or kings, I pretty much treat it as WA/WB, want pretty much as few bets as possible going in (b/c if a lot of bets are going in, you are probably going to lose)

McGahee
11-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Mult-way pots are a little different, but if somebody 3-bets and you're HU to the flop, it's pretty good spot for WA/WB when you pair a K or Q.

11-06-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mult-way pots are a little different, but if somebody 3-bets and you're HU to the flop, it's pretty good spot for WA/WB when you pair a K or Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right... this doesn't help MUCH! lol. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I figured this out!

11-06-2005, 10:53 PM
So do you check/call the flop or what? I always bet out on this b/c I feel immasculated if I don't. lol. It seems sacriligious to not bet out when you hit TP.

Check calling just seems so weak. I really don't know what to do. I don't even think Check/folding on a Queen high flop is all that bad.

I'm gonna probably start doing that. If I dont flop an OESD or two pair or better I'm check/dumping.

11-06-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So do you check/call the flop or what? I always bet out on this b/c I feel immasculated if I don't. lol. It seems sacriligious to not bet out when you hit TP.

Check calling just seems so weak. I really don't know what to do. I don't even think Check/folding on a Queen high flop is all that bad.

I'm gonna probably start doing that. If I dont flop an OESD or two pair or better I'm check/dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's assume that someone's three bet standards are AA-JJ/AK

If you check fold a queen high flop, you are folding the winning hand like half the time.

11-06-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's assume that someone's three bet standards are AA-JJ/AK

If you check fold a queen high flop, you are folding the winning hand like half the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. You left out TT, and AQ. I think most people 3-bet these.

I guess I'll go with the check/call all the way down like a good little fish. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

crazygoose
11-06-2005, 11:29 PM
If you hit your pair on the flop check raise. If villian three bets or calls and raises the turn I am folding turn UI or to turn raise. Also depends on aggressiveness or passiveness of opponents. If opponent is aggressive calling down isn't all that bad to keep them betting an under pair or AK (if only the Q hits). Also it depends if you think you are ahead of the coldcaller or not. Usually someone who calls three cold preflop sucks.