PDA

View Full Version : ($22) SB, flopped middle pair, clueless after cbet

11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)
Button (t758)
Hero (t571)
BB (t1172)
UTG (t426)
MP1 (t3155)
MP2 (t685)
CO (t1233)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
4 folds, Button calls t50, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Hero bets t75, BB folds, Button calls t75.

Turn: (t300) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero bets t150, Button calls t150.

River: (t600) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero bets t150, Button folds.

Final Pot: t750
Hero has 6c Td (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins t750.

Button has limped in over half of the 25 or so hands so far. BB seems to be a solid player.

I called as SB since I was getting 5:1 pot odds, is that acceptable with T6o? After the flop, I cbet with middle pair. Is this acceptable given a one-suit flop?

At the turn, I've made a flush with my 6c, and am completely lost as to what to do. I just kept making small bets until he folded at the river, I guess he was on a straight draw.

What should I have bet at the turn?

What should I have bet at the river?

Shilly
11-06-2005, 10:49 PM
I'd fold preflop with your stack (just over 11BB). I also wouldn't bet this flop because he'll put you in with a ton of different hands (top and middle pair, any hand with a high club, and also better hands). You're going to be virtually dead against a lot of his possible holdings, so I check fold and look for a better spot.

splashpot
11-06-2005, 10:52 PM
I understand why you make the flop bet. There is a huge chance he'll fold and you'll pick up the pot right there. But when he calls, you're done with the hand. The turn bet is horrible. The river bet is even more horrible.

Shilly
11-06-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I understand why you make the flop bet. There is a huge chance he'll fold and you'll pick up the pot right there. But when he calls, you're done with the hand. The turn bet is horrible. The river bet is even more horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is that his stack is so small that virtually any piece of that board isn't going to go away.

splashpot
11-06-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is that his stack is so small that virtually any piece of that board isn't going to go away.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I were the villian and I didn't have a club, I would go away. It's not like his stack is so small it won't make a difference. He still has 10BB. And he can possibly throw the villian down to 200 chips.

microbet
11-06-2005, 11:00 PM
I complete a lot from the SB, but probably not in this situation.

On the flop you have a pair, a flush draw and your stack is 521. I think this justifies a big lead bet or a c-raise allin.

On the turn and river I think your play is ok given this opponent is a calling station. He would likely have called your river bet even if he just had one pair.

11-06-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But when he calls, you're done with the hand. The turn bet is horrible. The river bet is even more horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for replying splashpot. I'm such a beginner that I don't know why those bets are horrible and would appreciate it if you could spell it out for me a bit more. Is it because I'm using 6c to make the flush, and he could have something higher?

splashpot
11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But when he calls, you're done with the hand. The turn bet is horrible. The river bet is even more horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for replying splashpot. I'm such a beginner that I don't know why those bets are horrible and would appreciate it if you could spell it out for me a bit more. Is it because I'm using 6c to make the flush, and he could have something higher?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are just way too many hands that beat you. I have no clue why he folded the river, but generally, if he called your turn bet, you're extremely likely behind and he's going to call that bet on the river.

Think about it this way. If you were him, you wouldn't call the 75 flop bet without having something, right? And if he has something, it almost definately beats what you have.

11-06-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop with your stack (just over 11BB).

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks shilly.

What would be the minimum hand you'd call with in this position? My reasoning for calling was to see a cheap flop and hope to hit it hard.

As splashpot pointed out I made a bet on the chance I could pick up the pot right there. I imagined that anybody that didn't have a high club or a king would fold. If he raised I was gone, if he called I would check/fold. Then with the next card I made a flush and got confused. I just made a small bet, if he would have raised me I would have folded. I felt that if I just checked, he'd make a bet with anything and I'd have to fold. I also felt that the odds of him having clubs weren't that good. When I'm heads-up against someone with a single suited board, should I always assume that they have the flush?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it because I'm using 6c to make the flush, and he could have something higher?

[/ QUOTE ]
Think about it this way. If you were him, you wouldn't call the 75 flop bet without having something, right? And if he has something, it almost definately beats what you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is the source of my confusion. If I were him, and I had a hand, I would have raised against the 75bet to either win the pot there or try to figure out his hand if he reraised or called. Is this a bad assumption?

11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I complete a lot from the SB, but probably not in this situation.

On the flop you have a pair, a flush draw and your stack is 521. I think this justifies a big lead bet or a c-raise allin.

On the turn and river I think your play is ok given this opponent is a calling station. He would likely have called your river bet even if he just had one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks microbet. It never occured to me to play it that aggressively. I'll definitely have to give that some thought.

What are your minimum hand requirements for completing here?

microbet
11-06-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is he sees 50% of flops and you probably see 10-15%, so you shouldn't necessarily play against him by thinking of what you would do in his shoes.

microbet
11-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I would be pushing preflop with an actual good hand, but I might complete with medium suited connectors and maybe 22-44.

tigerite
11-07-2005, 08:05 AM
T6o, sorry, this isn't good enough to complete in the SB for me at 25/50 with only one limper.