PDA

View Full Version : WoW question

11-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Im playing on a private server to figure out if I wanna pony up the dough for this addiction, and I have a prollem.

I am a lvl 5 warlock, and I cant talk to any warlock trainers... even the one that is my same level.

is this a problem on the server? or am I doing somethin wrong?

thanks.

Exitonly
11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
what's WoW? soudns interesting.

Weatherhead03
11-06-2005, 09:56 PM
World of Warcraft..never played it but it sounds really fun.

11-06-2005, 09:56 PM
World of Warcraft.

I havent played it, but from what I've read, its way too linear and level-locked.

For the caliber of minds that generally play p*ker well (you especially, Exit, with all the aptitude you have for math), I think Anarchy Online (http://www.anarchy-online.com) is a much better game. Much more in depth and actually requires thought.

That being said, the economy is totally [censored] right now. Its still the best MMORPG I've ever played. And you can get a feel for it for free, for as long as you want to.

siccjay
11-06-2005, 09:58 PM
WoW is a n00b MMORPG.

Blarg
11-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Yes, it's a very cool world to run around in, but it's very elementary if you compare the skills wanted and needed and taken for granted in other MMORPG's, which aren't really all that mind boggling anyway, unless you're leading a raid, which can be hell on wheels.

Here's a good site for warlock quests, trainers, etc. The walkthroughs are very good.

warlock walkthroughs (http://www.wowmb.net/news.php)

WoW has its own boards you can ask these things on, too.

It has the potential to be a much better game in a year or two, when there's more content.

The economy is deadly dull and ridiculously rudimentary compared to the economy of more complex MMORPG's. An extremely disappointing part of the game, for me.

dhaimon
11-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Agreed, after playing Asheron's Call on Darktide during its prime every other mmorpg becomes boring.

11-06-2005, 11:08 PM
wait, there are better ones?

thats fine, point the damn way! I just need another hobby to pull me away from poker every once in a while, and I like warcraft.

k, how bout we get a poll going about the best mmo's still running?

sweet, I thought I was the only one considering or playing one of these.

Blarg
11-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Consider something besides a MMORPG.

Everyone around here seems to be getting into the new Civ 4 game. I got it and like it so far pretty much. It can be played single player or multi.

I also ordered an RTS, Earth 2160, that's coming out next week. Check out gamespot for some previews.

11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
well, sadly enough Im a huge game nerd, and I pretty much am up on the newer games, but as a hobby, I think an mmo kinda fits what I want, because it never really ends.

plus, I beat the hell outta diablo2

oh, and btw, to kill some time, buy xmen legends 2 and then download the torrent... its based on the d2 engine, and a helluva lotta fun.

Blarg
11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, you can certainly swallow up a whole life in an MMORPG, easily. It can almost be hard to enjoy them if you don't.

11-06-2005, 11:28 PM
thats what Im scared of, because I will not be sinking my life into them. however, I will be playing on a private server indefinitely, so I will not be passed up by people who live vicariously through their various LOTR named characters.

Dex
11-09-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im playing on a private server to figure out if I wanna pony up the dough for this addiction, and I have a prollem.

I am a lvl 5 warlock, and I cant talk to any warlock trainers... even the one that is my same level.

is this a problem on the server? or am I doing somethin wrong?

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

A coworker asks:

"How did you get on a private server? Where did you find one?"

stabn
11-09-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because I will not be sinking my life into them.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha

(Stop playing them now).

11-09-2005, 05:11 PM
wowstatus.net

download a front end.

but then dont join any of the different servers because they're illegal and piracy.

and stabn, I stopped already... you're right to laugh, its kind of impossible to get anywhere in those without dumping hours... and as a poker player, Im just not gonna do that.

KowCiller
11-09-2005, 05:13 PM
WoW is very addictive. I would agree that it's more of a n00b MMORPG but if you plan on keeping any sort of poker habit with a MMORPG, WoW should be your choice. I think it caters pretty well to the casual gamer. I quit playing for a few months but then I got sucked back in two weeks ago. I'm hoping after I hit level 60 I'll be bored with it so I can sink more time into poker.

KoW

11-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I played WoW from the release until Aug. You level cap crazy fast and then its just the same raids over and over. There is very little end game content and even the biggest raids were only interesting the first 2 or 3 times.

My advice would be to find a game that doesnt conform to the lowest common denominator like WoW does. I tried EQ2 and enjoyed it, but it lacks. I am patiently waiting for DnD Online to come out in Feb or so.

11-09-2005, 06:24 PM
You are playing on an emulated server and the current emulators have many skill trees locked and other features not available.

phixxx
11-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Don't play WoW. You feel like the biggest tool in the world end game. What a waste of money.

I was ranked 3rd on alliance on Eredar, until I got really bored. So I ninjad a bunch of [censored] and made a grand exit.

siccjay
11-09-2005, 08:32 PM
The people that think WoW is n00bish. Go here www.darkfallonline.com (http://www.darkfallonline.com)

It's supposed to be more like old UO PvP wise (Open PvP, Full Loot)

RustedCorpse
11-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Such an addicting game... sooooo bad for you.......

Blarg
11-09-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played WoW from the release until Aug. You level cap crazy fast and then its just the same raids over and over. There is very little end game content and even the biggest raids were only interesting the first 2 or 3 times.

My advice would be to find a game that doesnt conform to the lowest common denominator like WoW does. I tried EQ2 and enjoyed it, but it lacks. I am patiently waiting for DnD Online to come out in Feb or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played from January through May. I'm glad to be rid of the game. The endgame raids sounded very lame and repetitive. And too many of the people were tards.

I did start up my subscription again last month, though. I just like to have some game to play, whatever it is, and I thought I'd see if it got more interesting. Half an hour was enough to remind me that its hold on me wasn't there.

Now I got Civ 4. That satisfies my gaming jones a bit, though I think the game has its limitations. I preordered Earth 2160, since RTS's are really my favorite. That should give me more of a fix of competitive fun in multiplayer. Civ 4 is cool in its way, but it's more of a long and slow thing. But nothing is as long and slow as a MMORPG.