PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for groomsmen???

Jay845
11-06-2005, 09:25 PM
What are some cool gifts you have given or received? Getting married in January and I need some ideas

Thanks
Jay

Blarg
11-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Groomsmen? Are those guys that work with horses?

11-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Leather covered flask/lighter/cigar cutter combo, with humidor. The flask had my initials. --My fav, and relatively cheap.

set of 500 custom poker chips.

Really nice expensive, money clip, with my initials, and small diamonds for the periods in between the names (probably too expensive if its not close family members that arent your groomsmen.)

offTopic
11-06-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are some cool gifts you have given or received? Getting married in January and I need some ideas

Thanks
Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on size of the party, common interests, and, quite frankly, what the groom can afford. I've only stood up a couple of times, and gifts have ranged from shorts to golf stuff, to cigars, to a wristwatch.

HtotheNootch
11-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Here's what my brother gave:

1)3 DVDs off of Maxim's list of 100 greatest guy movies. Different groomsmen got different gifts;
2) A trunk organizer; and
3) A P*ker book. Different groomsmen got different books based on my brother's opinion on playing ability.

Los Feliz Slim
11-06-2005, 09:37 PM
I gave Leathermen. Went over very well.

Recently received a cool LED flashlight thing. I love it.

11-06-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I gave Leathermen. Went over very well.

Recently received a cool LED flashlight thing. I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LEDs are cool. But whats leathermen?? I googled it, and came up with this:

WorldLeatherMen - Gay Leather Picture Profiles
worldleathermen.com - gay leather men picture profiles website with gay online
chat, leather men photo personals and pic galleries.
www.worldleathermen.com/ (http://www.worldleathermen.com/) - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

Figure Id ask then search any more....

Los Feliz Slim
11-06-2005, 09:43 PM
It was a gay wedding.

But seriously, folks: Leatherman (http://www.leatherman.com/)

11-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Deck of cards for playing POKER.

Dominic
11-06-2005, 10:34 PM
money clips

I got one with the 4 suits of a deck of cards on the,. I now use it as my "poker room money clip."

Diplomat
11-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Two months ago called, it wants its thread back.

-Diplomat

11-06-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks
Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a couple weddings this year and I got a nice martini set for one and a Swiss Army knife with my name engraved in it for the other. Both were cool gifts that all the groomsmen liked.

11-06-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was a gay wedding.

But seriously, folks: Leatherman (http://www.leatherman.com/)

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. It might help to not call them "leathermen", but rather "Leathermans"

11-06-2005, 11:21 PM
I've been in 2 and in one case I got a fire helmet with my last name on the front from my brother who is a proud fireman. Not very useful but it's still pretty cool.

The other (from best friend) was a cigar holder with my name engraved on it including a cigar cutter. I like this very much, even though I smoke a cigar abour once a year if my GF lets me.

I think the point is to give something that isn't very useful, but special. Imagine if your 4 groomsmen are composed of 3 avid hunters and an oil-painting dealer. Giving out engraved rifles wouldn't really be fair.

Drew16
11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Gifts received:
Personalized Flask
Personalized bottle of Gold Seal Makers
Cigars

Gifts Given:
Personalized Louisville Slugger bats. If you send Louisville Slugger a persons actual signature they will burn it into a bat.

elwoodblues
11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Cigar cutter and a few good cigars.

Freakin
11-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I just picked up my gifts today, and I went with personalized leather-bound flasks and smallish knives.

I figure the two should mix well together.

IHateKeithSmart
11-07-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks
Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

My fave was a silver coozie with my initials in it. Still use it. Also, got a flask and money clip (seem to be popular gifts).

B00T
11-07-2005, 12:18 AM
We all got Yankees jerseys with a name and number customized on the back of our nickname or theme to each other. Groom was a diehard Yankees fan.

Too bad the name he put on the back of mine was "All In" too bad I despise the Yankees and I play limit. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

CD56
11-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Engraved Cufflinks was probably my fave

MCS
11-07-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Deck of cards for playing POKER.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG IT IS SO ON

SO ON

OtisTheMarsupial
11-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Ask 'em what they like. Personal, thoughtful gifts are 100 better than generic gifts.

Failing that, go with something traditional, like a flask.

MrTrik
11-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Best I've received:

A really cool sports watch
A nice Waterman pen

What I've given:
Nice moderately priced watches. Around $100 each I think.

I was at a wedding once (not participating) and the groomsmen got Dremmel tools with nice attachment kits. The women around the wedding hated the idea. Guys loved it though. It seemed a bit unconventional to me, but hey, it wasn't my wedding.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-07-2005, 01:06 PM
I gave nice flasks personalized with initials to my groomsmen. They went over well and were popular at the reception. It was hard to find the ones I really wanted to give, though.

Shajen
11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
clean out some of your PMs dude.

Tenacious A
11-07-2005, 01:49 PM
What guy wouldn't want a nice "I was in Jay845 and Blank's wedding and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirts?

poincaraux
11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Leatherman, pocket leatherman, engraved stainless steel beer stein.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-07-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I refuse. I'm bucking the system!

Shajen
11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But how can I send you this awesome pyramid scheme I'm interested in you getting in on?

Damnit. Fight the power, my brotha!

http://www.absenteeshirts.com/images/fightthepower.gif

vulturesrow
11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I gave nice flasks personalized with initials to my groomsmen. They went over well and were popular at the reception. It was hard to find the ones I really wanted to give, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this as well, my friends really liked. I had a friend who gave all his groomsmen authentic Scottish claymores. Unfortunately I wasnt in the wedding party. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

samjjones
11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I just took everybody out for a nice dinner, drinks, and the nudie bar. Seemed to go over well.

11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can PM me here.