PDA

View Full Version : stars $55+5 3 handed

djk123
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
im leader with 5165 on button. sb 3325 , bb 5010. blinds 200/400 25 ante.
A2o. i pushed. right play?

bigt439
11-06-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im leader with 5165 on button. sb 3325 , bb 5010. blinds 200/400 25 ante.
A2o. i pushed. right play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the most information rich question, but I'm raising to like 900 more often than not.

bawcerelli
11-06-2005, 09:57 PM
i don't like it b/c you've got 10+BB's. i might push if the blinds were 300/600. plus people open up their calling ranges once ITM.

pooh74
11-06-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like it b/c you've got 10+BB's. i might push if the blinds were 300/600. plus people open up their calling ranges once ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think having 10+BBs here is really the issue...so what? he's got 12?

Us turbo players have to think about where these "guidelines" originate from, and also, think about the fact that they are, in essence, just "guidelines".

The 10BB thing came up as a standard rule for party SNGs where there are no antes. Having a little over 10BBs where raising and being reraised makes it still +EV to call (even given reraiser's now tighter range) makes it even better to just open push because of the added FE (never mind the added pot equity from antes and future antes you are paying to see cards).

I havent run the numbers on this, but I would guess giving BB a "loose-average" calling range should be right.

That being said...because the other stack has 3/5th of Hero and BB, I might open to 1000 and just simply outplay BB from position. If he pushes, I might be inclined to give him credit.

Sorry, just wanted to chime in on the 10BB thing...here though, I think raising might be better, but it has more to do with the stack sizes than being "over 10bbs".

p

bawcerelli
11-07-2005, 01:11 AM
You're right, only setting each player to maniac gives -EV.

bennies
11-07-2005, 06:52 AM
but it's soooo close. I fold preflop. At 10 bb's I think a push is mandatory.

tigerite
11-07-2005, 08:01 AM
I think I'd let this go too, but it's close.

housenuts
11-07-2005, 09:25 AM
I can't push this. i might raise to 1,000-1,200 or I may just let it go depending on how I feel about my opponents

Melchiades
11-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I push this often enough, and have wondered if it might be a mistake. I just feel a standard raise is begging BB to come over the top as he actually has a decent amout of FE. So I either fold or push, most of the time push. But it's these hands that usually gets me into trouble.

bigt439
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are open mucking here?

housenuts
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I push this often enough, and have wondered if it might be a mistake. I just feel a standard raise is begging BB to come over the top as he actually has a decent amout of FE. So I either fold or push, most of the time push. But it's these hands that usually gets me into trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll only get called if you're in serious trouble, drawing to 3 outs at most. winning an extra 675 chips is not really worth it here. i would treat this just like any other blind steal attempt. it doesn't even matter what your cards are. just raise to T1,200 and make him make the decision of coming over the top or calling. losing 1,200 won't hurt your stack as much as losing almost all of it.

i would rather push here with a hand like JT or 89s than A2o because u have at most 3 outs when called

pooh74
11-07-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt either...but has little to do with the fact that I have an ace in my hand...I could care less about that. Fact is, you have two cards, you are first to act on button and blinds are ripe for taking. You're not going to be in good shape when called, thats why a raise might be more prudent here. Of course an open push is unexploitable, but its close...I would need a loose/tight guage on my opponents which you should have by now given its 3-way.

bruce
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
If you are called after pushing you're in bad shape. You're
usually against a pocket pair larger than Two's or a bigger
Ace. I would raise 3x the big blind or I might even fold this. You have the largest stack and why risk busting and leaving second place to the shortie.

Bruce

bigt439
11-07-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

but has little to do with the fact that I have an ace in my hand...I could care less about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far.

[ QUOTE ]
Fact is, you have two cards, you are first to act on button and blinds are ripe for taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this is the most important aspect of the hand.

pooh74
11-07-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

but has little to do with the fact that I have an ace in my hand...I could care less about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are calling/reraising you that you like to see? KQs? How many are there? And this is besides the fact that you are a just lightly better than a flip anyway. What I mostly hate is that you are basically giving prize equity to SB here when you're called by BB.

Despite my above trepidations I will only back off here if I have been overly active in the last 3-4 hands.

I justed posted to sort of show what I am thinking when I do raise/push here to demonstrate what a pussy I actually am.

bigt439
11-07-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are calling/reraising you that you like to see? KQs? How many are there? And this is besides the fact that you are a just lightly better than a flip anyway. What I mostly hate is that you are basically giving prize equity to SB here when you're called by BB.

Despite my above trepidations I will only back off here if I have been overly active in the last 3-4 hands.

I justed posted to sort of show what I am thinking when I do raise/push here to demonstrate what a pussy I actually am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're making a point or are being literal. I realize A2o is not a monster and you have problems if a pot develops, but are you saying you actually don't care whether you have 32o or A2o? I'm not trying to be a nit, but I think what you're saying is dangerous.

bennies
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I open muck here usually. I decided a while back that I have no idea to play these situations with 10-15 bb's. So I muck with holdings (A2, KJ, 98s etc) that I wouldn't like to go allin with. I assume there are better ways to play these hands, but I wasn't happy with any of the two scenarios I felt I ran into too often:

1) I raise to 3bb and fold to a push.
2) I raise to 3bb, someone calls and checks the flop, I c-bet and he pushes.

At the end I felt risking 3bb's (or more) to win 1½bb wasn't worth it. Please flame.

pooh74
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're making a point or are being literal. I realize A2o is not a monster and you have problems if a pot develops, but are you saying you actually don't care whether you have 32o or A2o? I'm not trying to be a nit, but I think what you're saying is dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, there's a difference...But we dont need to resort to the extreme examples to make a point.

11-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't like A2, A3, A4. It seems when you're called you're often up against a bigger Ace.

Oddly, it seems to me, against their typical calling range you'd alomst rather have 64 than A2. At least you'll have two live cards.