PDA

View Full Version : 99 with flop of 555

Bob J.
11-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Problem:

Assume everyone has plenty of money and is a decent player.

Suppose you have 99 and limp in early position. Two others behind you limp, the small blinds calls, the big blind checks. Flop comes 555.

The blinds check, you bet the pot, and the player immediately behind you raises the minimum. All other players fold and action is on you. What do you do?
Raise (how much?), call, or fold?

Bob J.

11-06-2005, 08:15 PM
push you flopped a full house.

Yeti
11-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Fold. You still have plenty left!

11-06-2005, 09:28 PM
How many BBs is "plenty"?

flawless_victory
11-06-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold. You still have plenty left!

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, this is funny.

11-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I dont see him playing 1010-AA this way considering he just limped pre-flop so i would re-raise/push depending on the depth of stacks considering his most likely holding is something like 66-99 or AJ,AQ.

edge
11-07-2005, 02:47 AM
I may raise an itty bit preflop and then come over the top for enough on the flop.

technologic
11-07-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Problem:

Assume everyone has plenty of money and is a decent player.

Suppose you have 99 and limp in early position. Two others behind you limp, the small blinds calls, the big blind checks. Flop comes 555.

The blinds check, you bet the pot, and the player immediately behind you raises the minimum. All other players fold and action is on you. What do you do?
Raise (how much?), call, or fold?

Bob J.

[/ QUOTE ]

reverse implied odds oop...what is player raising with? the possible hands you could be ahead of are smaller pairs or an AK type of hand...i think i'd call here and bet any non ace non king turn, and see what develops. if he calls/raises, i'm probably done with the hand.

that's probably why i'd also check the flop here, for pot control reasons, it's not worth it to get that committed to my hand in an unraised pot in a big field where i could be drawing dead from the get go.

edit: hm...on second thought, most players usually raise with AK...but that probably means he has a smaller pair, maybe TT/JJ if he's a bit frisky. thus, calling isn't too bad since you either way ahead way behind, blah blah. call and fire perhaps on most any turn.