PDA

View Full Version : Won trip for tourney

aslowjoe
11-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Just won a trip to got to St Kitts for the Carribean Poker Classic, very exciting. The only little catch is I was playing in my wifes account. She will be with me on the trip. Will they care whtch one of us plays?

Bigdaddydvo
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Yes they will care. Read their T&Cs. Hope your wife has fun playing in the tournament....

MicroBob
11-06-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hope your wife has fun playing in the tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

possible translation:
I got the 2k hands on more than one account and was playing in the CPC freeroll multiple times.

One guy at my table was actually TELLING people that he was doing this.

I finished about 160th out of almost 1k. Top 30 got the package.
Not really a close-call...but I still couldn't help myself from getting my hopes up just a little.

11-06-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I won the PPM Cruise under my husband's account and knew all it would really amount to was a nice cruise...

Best possible thing happened that could have happened that year. They let us cash it in for the package value of 9 grand. A bird in the hand.....

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

aslowjoe
11-06-2005, 08:57 PM
There was only one account qualified from my household. I guess I will go and read the T&C again.

Sniper
11-06-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A bird in the hand.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Is better than 2 in the bush???

IggyWH
11-06-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A bird in the hand.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one kinky journeywoman.

11-07-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A bird in the hand.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one kinky journeywoman.

[/ QUOTE ]
lmaooooooo at you two!

I think I need a better name here though. There's already a FishNChips, how bout PokerMadam? I ran a game here for 4 and a half years so I guess I was kinda a poker madam wasn't I? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

How did journy "woman" get put up there I wonder, I swore it said journyman before.

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

11-07-2005, 04:53 AM
160 is better than my 500+ place. I suck at NL tourneys.

I play cash limit hold 'em and wanted to have that feeling of "I have no idea what the hell I'm doing" again before putting in any thought or reading/studying. Unfortunately, I didn't feel absolutely clueless...just mostly. Good times.

It was still pretty fun and a nice change of pace. I should do these freerolls more to mix things up.

handsome
11-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Your username and avatar own.

smoore
11-07-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

How did journy "woman" get put up there I wonder, I swore it said journyman before.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are accepted by the 2+2 cabal. You are a cool kid. You are a made man... er, sorry, woman.

a rebours
11-07-2005, 11:02 AM
nice job, congrats. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I won one too yesterday. great. now this is where the problems start, me being extremely bad with planning and organizing.

does anybody have any idea if I need a visa to go there? (I am not an american citizen, even though I live in New York). also, any advice on where and how get tickets? and what place am I going to? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

no e-mail or anything from the site /images/graemlins/frown.gif could be organized better. guess will have to shoot them an e-mail.

but, if any friendly soul is already going through this and has some advice, will greatly appreciate it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Indiana
11-07-2005, 11:09 AM
U don't need to worry. If ur american then u don't need to do anything except buy a plane ticket and get your passport to go to the caribe. I go all the time to the caymans and jamaica. You will fill out the visa crap on the airplane as the stewardess will hand it to you.

Indy

Indiana
11-07-2005, 11:10 AM
If you aren't an american, then where u from?

Indy

a rebours
11-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I am Russian. In the process of getting American papers, but a Russian citizen. Also, getting a new passport right now. Are you saying you need a passport to go there even if you are an American? But you dont need a visa (which I still might need), right?
Where do you get your tix usually? Is online sites like priceline or expedia a good choice?
thank you.

berya
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
I won a package that does not include a seat in the main event. Does anybody know if you can sell hotel accomodations and vouchers??

Indiana
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
You need a passport, but they would probably let you in with just a birth certificate if you didn't have one. I know nothing about Russians though. We do need a visa but not in advance. As an american everything is easy, like I said the airline just hands them out on the plane. You should definitely approach your gov't on this because americans don't know that much about russian travel as you aren't even in the EU right now.

Indy

Indiana
11-07-2005, 11:44 AM
As for airline tickets, I would go directly to United airlines or nwa.com websites and order. You could also spot check expedia, but beware....If anything goes wrong expedia/the airline will not help you. I'd recommend going directly through an airline for your tickets. I ordered a hotel room once through expedia in Paris, France and got screwed. After spending $100 on the phone with expedia (nationalized phone lines over there) I was told to go screw myself.

Indy

aslowjoe
11-07-2005, 12:12 PM
I missed the buy in for the big tourney. I sort of lost my focus after qualifying for the trip. I am not a good tourney player anyway. I usually play short handed and I guess I am used to pushing small edges too far. But this time I played conservative and got very lucky.

[ QUOTE ]
does anybody have any idea if I need a visa to go there [ QUOTE ]

Go the the St Kitts website they will tell you what you need for travel to St Kitts.

[ QUOTE ]
but, if any friendly soul is already going through this and has some advice, will greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been searching tickets. I am coming from a long way away.(West coast Canada). Expedia not only has the best deal but is the shortest flight for me if I drive to Seattle. I went to the Airlines website and it was 50% more. I also searched Travelocity and a few more.

I was in Hawaii and I missed my connection mainly do to Expedia booking connections that were to close. That was not a problem they just put me on the next available flight for that airlines.

I screwed up on the quotes. Let me know what your finding out I will keep you posted.

Spartacus
11-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Use Expedia or Travelocity to find your best fare, then book directly on the airlines website. They will give you a slightly better fare and will be much more accomodating if something changes. Same goes for any hotel accomodations. If you use one of the online agents and nedd to change something, you are SOL.........

PoorLawyer
11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

possible translation:
I got the 2k hands on more than one account and was playing in the CPC freeroll multiple times.

One guy at my table was actually TELLING people that he was doing this.

I finished about 160th out of almost 1k. Top 30 got the package.
Not really a close-call...but I still couldn't help myself from getting my hopes up just a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was smelling the tropical breezes for a moment too. got up to 50th and blew it and went out something like 130.

a rebours
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Use Expedia or Travelocity to find your best fare, then book directly on the airlines website. They will give you a slightly better fare and will be much more accomodating if something changes. Same goes for any hotel accomodations. If you use one of the online agents and nedd to change something, you are SOL.........

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like great advice. except in the past when I booked something with them, they don't let you know which airline it is, until you actually pay for the tix. do you know any way around it? or just get the best price quote and look at every possible airline's site, trying to match that? I actually tried that once, and it didnt work. and even after I paid for the Delta tix at Expedia, I checked Delta site and they did not offer that price.

Of course, if there is a way to make this work, that would be great. Let me in on the secret /images/graemlins/wink.gif

aslowjoe
11-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I found the best price through Expedia via AA. When I went to AA website it was 50% more. In fact when I went to Expedia.ca is was cheaper then Expedia.com

MicroBob
11-07-2005, 09:29 PM
It can be a little bit different for non-US citizens travelling abroad.
Sometimes when you leave the country you get all kinds of grief trying to get back in...or they can just deny you.

My GF was going to college here but was not an American resident (so no green-card) and just had a Peru passport.
When she and her friends went to Niagara Falls one time she didn't dare cross-over to the Canadian side for fear of not being let back in to the U.S.
It was unlikely...but still a risk she didn't want to take.

Perhaps she was exaggerating the possibilities...and I don't pretend to know much about it.
But I do know that it is probably more likely in the post-911 era for something like this to come up.

most of us American citizens should not ramble off TOO much about non U.S. citizens traveling from country to country unless we specifically know something about it imo.

Spartacus
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I found the best price through Expedia via AA. When I went to AA website it was 50% more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually the airline is a little cheaper(~$5) plus you can get more miles. One time I did have to use Orbitz to get a specific connection I wanted as the airline, Travelocity and Expedia were much more expensive, I don't know why. Come to think of it, I believe that was an American flight also.

Use whatever is cheapest of course, but given the option, book through the carrier (or hotel) and it will be easier to make changes if the need arises.