PDA

View Full Version : Strong hand, overplayed?

11-06-2005, 07:55 PM
The Villian is very aggresive especially preflop, a turn checkraise is usually indicative of two-pair or better. In this case I put him on 86 46, or 84, 75 or k with better kicker. A set is possible along with a flopped two pair but in all previous hands he had shown a lot of aggresion on flop with any strong holding, even oop against pfr like here.

So when i am checkraised on the turn I figure I am likely ahead, but possibly behind 75 for the straight, even if that is the case I have 4 outs to the full house and 9 outs to the flush, either way is it better to just call the cr or would you 3-bet it?

Bayou Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB raises, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets,Hero raises, MP folds, SB calls

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero Bets, SB raises

Stefan_K
11-06-2005, 07:57 PM
fold preflop
3bet the turn

waffle
11-06-2005, 08:34 PM
fold preflop. call if you play as well as peter_rus AND (the rake is lower OR you have an additional player).

i like to call the turn and raise river if i his a boat or a flush. but i have been playing awfully weak lately. please tell me it's better to 3bet the turn.

Drontier
11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
umm DONT FOLD PREFLOP. those advocating it are umm... incorrect? Call preflop, raise flop, 3 bet turn. Possible hand combinations for turn, AA, AK, KK, 66, 44, 88(he raises 57 out of the sb?...cmon) You beat 6+8 combinations, lose to 1+3+3+3 combinations. So you beat 14, and lose to 10 making it look like a call(because you will get 3 bet if behind), however you have more outs than they do, if you are behind. Plus if you throw in the possibilities of KQ and maybe KJ this is a simple 3 bet.

josh1122
11-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Definately threebet. You are very likely ahead and if you aren't you have lots of outs to catch up.

I think preflop and flop are fine.