PDA

View Full Version : Bet Preflop, Continuation on flop %?

Small Stakes
11-06-2005, 04:05 PM
You are in mid-late stage of a tourney and you raise preflop

A) only the big blind calls and he checks to you.
B) late posistion calls

What % of the time do you make a continuation bet on the flop?

Whats the biggest factor in your decision to continue betting if you miss. Your cards, your read, the flop ect.

Thanks

ps I make the continuation almost every time, unless I have a specific read, or a very scarey flop... too much?

11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
a) with no reads, ~95% of the time.
against weak players, ~100% of the time.
against aggressive players, ~85% (if I hit something though, I'll check my good hands to them half the time, bet half the time)
against tricky players, ~70% (bet the hands I hit 90% of the time)

b) with no reads, depends on texture of the flop, but probably at least 80%
against weak players, 100%
against aggressive players or tricky players, 60%

Them in late position it would really depend more on my reads and the texture of the flop than it would with me being in position.

11-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Very frequently, although I'm not sure of the %. My rough guess is 80%.

Here are the factors I came up with (not in order):

1) Texture of the flop. For example, I need a read to c-bet into a monotone flop or a flop of JT9 or something.

2) My recent history with villain and the table in general. For example, if I've just stacked someone by leading the flop and calling a push with top set, I'm much more likely to c-bet than if I've just c-bet/folded or been caught in a bluff.

3) Villain's image. If villan's a total calling station, obviously I don't c-bet. Also, if I expect villain to bet any turn and I don't have any draws to a hand that I can call a bet with, I'm more likely to bet.

4) Stack size. If I'm by far the big stack at the table, I bully a lot more.

5) My cards. If villain has shown willingness to check it down and I've got a hand with showdown value that can't stand a raise (unimproved AK or an underpair), I check pretty frequently. If I was going for a blind steal and now have 35s on a flop of 4TQ, I bet much more frequently.

Small Stakes
11-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the help.