PDA

View Full Version : is this racist?

03-23-2002, 01:21 PM
post about early christians considering themselves jews.

in reply i point out that in america this seems to currently be the case, since everybody is circumcised.

to point out the rage i personally feel about having my genitals mutilated, i say 'yid', as in yiddish .

now is this racist? by the way, america is the only country which practices this default surgery, so any medical necessity arguments are no good (otherwise, why wouldnt, say, the english do this?)

brad

03-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Blame your parents. Only a racist blames the Jews.

03-23-2002, 01:40 PM
i am totally against major jewish groups who are promoting hate crime, hate speech, thought crime, anti-gun legislation, etc.

also i am on the record here as being in favor of support for israel only if it is in the US national interest.

so is this racist?

brad

03-23-2002, 01:41 PM
are you denying that circumcision is a jewish thing?

brad

03-23-2002, 01:44 PM
This is incorrect. Today only 60% of newborn infant boys in the U.S. are circumcized and then trend is sharply on the decline; the figure for the Western U.S. is only 35%. It is hardly "default" surgery, and legal remedies for non-consensual circumcision exist. (See FAQ in link below).

Of course it's racist (and just plain dumb) to blame the American penchant for circumcision to judaism. Religious circumcision for religious reasons is nothing more than a distant historical antecedent to the U.S. medical profession's favoritism and promotion of the practice, which was largely based on dubious assumptions about hygiene and conformity.

03-23-2002, 01:47 PM
lets put it this way. if judaism never existed, do you think anyone else would have come up with the idea of cutting off the foreskin?

in any event, when i was born it was probably 95+%. and in any event i have mutilated genitals.

brad

03-23-2002, 01:51 PM
When I was in kindergarten, all the guys used to have piss fights every now and then. There was this one guy, Teg, who wasn't circumsized, and I must have asked someone about it, because somehow I came to the belief that he was the one who had been circumsized, and none of the rest of us had.

So, naturally I thought that the part on Teg you couldn't see was the part that had been cut off. Even at age 5, that was enough to put fear into my heart. I mean, we'd piss all over Teg, and he'd try to shoot back but he couldn't aim worth diddly.

eLROY

03-23-2002, 02:09 PM
You obviously hate your parents.

03-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty big component of racism: blaming groups for things like difference, ancient events, and historic accidents and other things over which they have no control. Besides, Brad, if the trade-off were judaism and your foreskin, I not only wouldn't hesitate but would be inclined to keep hacking away just to be on the safe side. /images/wink.gif

03-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Are you denying that your circumcision was your parent's thing?

03-23-2002, 06:23 PM
That's a very racist statement.

03-23-2002, 08:53 PM
"to point out the rage i personally feel about having my genitals mutilated, i say 'yid', as in yiddish"

I have hesitated to comment or respond to your various posts on Jews and guns and circumcision. I hesitated because I didn't know quite where you were coming from. I still don't know exactly, but the sentence above either fooled me completely or told me just about all I need to know.

You don't mean "Yid" as in "Yiddish", you mean it as a racial slur like any other you could think of for Jews. Since Yiddish was a language created by some European Jews and does not define either the race or the whole Jewish culture or anything of the sort, you show either your ignorance or indifference to offending people. "Yid" was never anything but a slur, I'm sure invented by American bigots who typically came into contact with European Ashkenazic Jews who did, in fact, speak Yiddish in many cases. I don't know the origen of "Yid" for sure though, but don't really have to know in order to understand it's a slur, and neither do you. Stop using the term.

As far as your hang up about circumcision, you can't equate the medical practice with the Jewish religious rite. First, circumcision is practiced by various other peoples/cultures, not just Jews. The religious significance of the event in Judaism makes the procedure more than just a medical procedure if you adhere to the religion. If you have a circumcision done by some doctor, there is no religious significance at all. It is clear from your post you had a medical procedure done that you resent. But you should know that any "genital mutilation" you had was not a Jewish thing.

Now if you had the circumcision of religious significance done by a proper Mohel with enough witnesses, you're a Jew and you're stuck I guess. In that case, you should know better than to use the slurs you do.

In either case it would be much better if you knocked it the hell off.

03-23-2002, 09:21 PM
true, they were directly responsible.

but when i was born it was default surgery and they werent given an option. (compare to mmr vaccine backlash in england).

let me ask you this; do yo know youre feeding your kid genetially altered food? what if it turns out to be harmful long term? who is responsible?

brad

03-23-2002, 09:23 PM
you didnt answer the question.

03-23-2002, 09:34 PM
youre right, i dont know anything about it. i speak off the top of my head and sometimes put my foot in my mouth, but only because i have a clear consience.

brad

03-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Okay, Ray, I'm stumped. How is my accusation that it is racist to blame Jews for circumcision "very racist?"