PDA

View Full Version : TD 2-7 hand reading

MarkGritter
11-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Here's a 2-7 hand I played. I'm Hero, in the BB.

What is Hero's hand? I think the way I played it makes the range pretty obvious, both before and after I am pat.

CO looooves to check-raise. He does so with a broad range of hands. What range do you put him on? (He stated afterward what he broke.)

What about SB? I think he is a somewhat tight player.

Euri10's TD converter (http://membres.lycos.fr/euri10/td%20converter.html)

Level: $2/$4
Players:
CO($166) seat 0
Button($113) seat 1
SB($184) seat 2
BB($67) seat 3
Hero($296) seat 4
MP($238) seat 5

Button at seat 1

SB posts. Hero posts.

Round 1(0.75BB)

MP folds. CO raises. Button folds. SB calls. Hero calls. SB takes 2. Hero takes 1. CO takes 2.

Round 2(2.75BB)

SB checks. Hero checks. CO checks. SB takes 2. Hero takes 1. CO takes 2.

Round 3(2.75BB)

SB bets. Hero raises. CO re-raises. SB calls. Hero re-raises. CO calls. SB calls. SB stands pat. Hero stands pat. CO takes 1.

Round 4(12.75BB)

SB checks. Hero bets. CO folds. SB calls.

timprov
11-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Good job catching your deuce on the second draw. CO broke #5, and SB has an 86.

Notorious G.O.B.
11-06-2005, 04:43 PM
2345 or 3457 I guess. I personally jam with 2345 on the first round, but that may be bad poker.

MarkGritter
11-06-2005, 04:45 PM
BTW, the pot size is wrong, so I forwarded the original HH to Euri for debugging...

Kumubou
11-06-2005, 10:06 PM
A nub's blind reply -- hopefully I am not too off base.

Pre-flop I put you on a weak one card draw, probably to an 87 or 86, or 7654. Any of your decent one-card draws are getting 3-bet here, even OOP. I figure SBs two-card draw to be smoother than your one card draw, and CO could be opening with a wide range here (three cards eight or lower, with some rough exceptions).

After the first round of check-check-check, probably bricks all around.

I figure that with both CO and SB drawing two in a small pot, they have something like 7w2. Is this too narrow, even in a three-way pot that small?

After the third round, if you started with 7654 or 8654 then you caught a 3 (or 7, respectively) along the way and dumped the 6 hoping for a miracle deuce (which came). Or you could have had 7654 to begin with and just caught the deuce right there. You have to be fairly strong here, as I doubt you are raising SBs donk (and then subsequently capping!) with a rough 8, as I do not think SB would donk into two players with a one card draw, and I severely doubt he was drawing 2 to a rough 8 (at worst, he has 876w2, hitting an 8 and a 6 on the 2nd draw).

All COs checkraise on the third round means to me is that he got there. He could have a wheel to a smoothish 8 with some sort of redraw (I think this may be biased by the fact he broke here). I don't think he would do this with a smooth 9.

-K

MarkGritter
11-07-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop I put you on a weak one card draw, probably to an 87 or 86, or 7654. Any of your decent one-card draws are getting 3-bet here, even OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I would always dump the 6 with 7654 and draw 2 on the first draw. I would only draw to 7654 on later rounds if it was free. The problem with drawing to 7654 is that you have to dump the 6 if you catch an 8 or a 3 anyway.

randomstumbl
11-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Assuming you have 3457 or something similar, why don't you try to get this pot HU. Isn't that going to help your equity? Are you just checkfolding here if they bet on the early rounds?

And my guesses for hands are #6 or 7 for sb, #1 or 2 for you and some smooth 87 if the third player is at all smart. If he broke an 85, he should seriously consider never playing triple draw ever again.

MarkGritter
11-07-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you have 3457 or something similar, why don't you try to get this pot HU. Isn't that going to help your equity? Are you just checkfolding here if they bet on the early rounds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see a good opportunity to get HU here. 3-betting predraw is only a deception move and commits me to betting after the draw too, swelling the pot. CO, the initial raiser, is not going to fold for one bet. Getting SB out is unlikely as he will be closing the action, and further does not give me position.

If one of my opponents did improve, I probably want the free card here.

I would certainly fold to a donk bet from SB, or a bet-check/raise. I would call one small bet closing the action. But my draw's not good enough to pay two small bets here.

MarkGritter
11-07-2005, 04:57 AM
A couple people correctly put me on 7543. I'd actually 3-bet 8543, which seems a little odd when I think about it. I'd certainly jam 5432. With 7643 or 7653 I'd probably dump the 6, depending on the opponent (drawing one might be an advantage.) Of course I caught the deuce, I wouldn't be capping with an 875 or worse.

The SB had #5. I think he played it correctly. A cap wouldn't be too out of place here given the weakness I showed earlier.

CO claimed he broke an 86; this makes no sense to me. Once you decide you need a 7, you are drawing to at most 3 outs and maybe 2. But your effective outs may be even lower, because drawing to #3 can only beat one hand, tie another, and pay off two. Does it ever make sense to break here? At least breaking a #5 is live (but foolish.) Breaking an 87432, on the other hand, gives you 3 clean outs, and maybe as many as 5. (But not 6, do you see why?)

On the other hand, it might be best to call down one player but not two.

(Pot sizes not correct.)

Euri10's TD converter (http://membres.lycos.fr/euri10/td%20converter.html)

Hand number: 9174123-5966
Level: $2/$4
Players:
CO($166) seat 0
Button($113) seat 1
SB($184) seat 2
BB($67) seat 3
Hero($296) seat 4
MP($238) seat 5

Button at seat 1

SB posts. Hero posts.

Hand: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Round 1(0.75BB)

MP folds. CO raises. Button folds. SB calls. Hero calls. SB takes 2. Hero takes 1. CO takes 2.

Hand: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif

Round 2(2.75BB)

SB checks. Hero checks. CO checks. SB takes 2. Hero takes 1. CO takes 2.

Hand: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Round 3(2.75BB)

SB bets. Hero raises. CO re-raises. SB calls. Hero re-raises. CO calls. SB calls. SB stands pat. Hero stands pat. CO takes 1.

Hand: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Round 4(12.75BB)

SB checks. Hero bets. CO folds. SB calls.

Showdown:
Hero shows 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB mucks 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

randomstumbl
11-07-2005, 07:16 AM
You're right. For some reason I didn't realize you were closing the action on the opening round. In that spot, I think your line is okay even though it completely turns your hand over.

Against thinking aggressive opponents, I think I'd avoid it. On the other hand, these opponents clearly didn't recognize it.