PDA

View Full Version : Limping UTG w/ a loose passive table

Schizo
11-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Say I have a very passive 6 max table w/ high vpip's. What hands should I limp w/ UTG?

Say I have Ax sooted. How many people do I need to see the average flop for 1 bet to limp UTG? Is it 4?

Right now I'm thinking of limping w/ suited broadway, suited cons 78+, pocket pairs, Axs, K8s+, Q9s, JTo

Say everybody is super loose but there is one lag that plays 90% of the hands and raises 70% of them. It's still 4 to the average flop. How does that change your UTG limping standards?

11-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I think that last situation depends on how apt your opponents are at paying your draws off

wdcbooks
11-06-2005, 05:04 PM
I have limped UTG five times in the past 15,000 hands. My next 15k I plan to reduce that number by five. You are really asking if you should play marginal hands in bad position against players who will usually let you control the action with position. I just can't imagine limping UTG with anything is profitable, but I would be interested in being corrected.

Schizo
11-06-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that last situation depends on how apt your opponents are at paying your draws off

[/ QUOTE ]

4 people to the average flop puts people VPIP above 50. I don't think they are folding postflop.

Schizo
11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't imagine limping UTG with anything is profitable, but I would be interested in being corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

SSH page 82.

Some of the best players in this forum will limp UTG w/ pocket pairs and A2s.

kiddo
11-06-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some of the best players in this forum will limp UTG w/ pocket pairs and A2s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a very hard time seeing some of the best posters at this forum playing in a 6handed game where 4 people see flop without raise most of the time. Who are these good posters? And where are those games?

I once in a while do this at 10/20 6max when I think its a loosepassive game with Axs or baby pairs and more often then not they fold or raise instead of calling as I hope. Its just not worth it unless u play against extremly weak players and even then its bad if they are just a bit oberservant and understands that only time u limp is with drawing hands UTG.

Schizo
11-06-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who are these good posters? And where are those games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty is one that I've seen him say multiple times he limps UTG w/ pocket pairs. In fact he says if he can't limp UTG with a pocket pair at a small stakes live game he will get up and leave.

I've read threads where schneids will comment on good players limping UTG w/ A2s in a PP 6-max game that is loose. I'm sure I could find the thread if you want me to.

kiddo
11-07-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty is one that I've seen him say multiple times he limps UTG w/ pocket pairs. In fact he says if he can't limp UTG with a pocket pair at a small stakes live game he will get up and leave.

I've read threads where schneids will comment on good players limping UTG w/ A2s in a PP 6-max game that is loose. I'm sure I could find the thread if you want me to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty says that if he cant limp first in sitting in a Shorthanded game he will leave? It surely must have been a full ring game? There are a ton of extremlly good SH games where its meaningsless to limp UTG since u got a few bad, agrressive players on your left or it so tight that u often will steal pot preflop or on flop if u attack.

But yep, if u find a game that is both loose and passive u can limp with a few hands UTG in a 6handed game. That is if u already are playing about alriht, and alright means raising 2/3 of your hands preflop.