PDA

View Full Version : If You're Going To Leave Early, Don't Bother Coming!!

IggyWH
11-06-2005, 02:10 PM
I kept forgetting to post about this. Last Monday I went to the Ravens/Steelers MNF game. With around 5 minutes left and Baltimore driving to kick what would be the go-ahead field goal, a woman sitting behind me stood up, proclaimed that she couldn't watch this, and left the game. Apparently everyone in that row and my row agreed with her as they all left at the same time. After B-more kicked the FG to go up with 3:30 left, most of my section left.

WTF!!! I watch myself when I'm at games because no one wants to sit near the drunk a-hole that swears the whole game. When an old guy sitting next to me got up and started yelling at people, I felt I needed to also.

If you're going to leave a game early, especially when the game is on the line, don't even bother coming. I can name at least 100 people myself that would have loved to been at that game who just couldn't afford it. They wouldn't leave early... God I really hate Steelers fans sometimes.

Wait, what am I saying, those people aren't real fans...

FouTight
11-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a few life goals to achieve by the time I'm 30...

Play in the ME, Own a house, and have seat licenses for 2 seats at heinz field...

shame on these people.

Although it's very possible that they just went and hung out on the rotunda or something waiting for the game to end so that they could beat some traffic, but, whatever, I would have kept my seat and went nuts and stayed long enough that traffic wouldn't be a problem.

IggyWH
11-06-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so that they could beat some traffic

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've ever been to a Steelers game, you know this is not possible. Pittsburgh has some of the worst road systems of anywhere so there's traffic no matter how early you try to leave.

youtalkfunny
11-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Ramon Martinez had a no-no going in the 7th or 8th inning, when the Dodger "faithful" started their usual early departure.

The ESPN announcers were floored. "If you're going to leave now, I cannot imagine why you ever came in the first place."

Hornacek
11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I was at Game 4 of the Pistons-Spurs Finals last year (the Lindsey Hunter out-of-nowhere 20-pt game). With the Pistons up by 20 or so in the middle of the fourth quarter, people started leaving! I mean, a normal MNF game is one thing, the FREAKING NBA FINALS is another. Strange...

FouTight
11-08-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so that they could beat some traffic

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've ever been to a Steelers game, you know this is not possible. Pittsburgh has some of the worst road systems of anywhere so there's traffic no matter how early you try to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the term... "BEATING" the traffic, as in, leaving before everyone else does, there is always a point when there isn't traffic, wheter it's half time, end of the 3rd quarter, or 20 secodns after the game ends.

At any rate, it's pretty easy for me to just whip around the staduim, 2 red lights, 376, and off to 22 heading east.

Hornacek
11-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Joke:

Why did Ron Artest leave the game early?

Answer: <font color="white"> He wanted to beat the crowd! </font>

jdl22
11-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I've seen it here as well and I don't get it. I went to the VT Pitt game two years ago and was amazed that there were tons of people who left with two minutes left, Pitt's ball down by 3.

I've seen fans leave before a blowout officially ends, whether that's good or bad, but hadn't seen leaving just before or during the game winning or losing drive. Quite strange.

CCass
11-08-2005, 12:12 PM
I have season tickets to the Titans (please no jokes) and I am amazed by the same kind of thing.

The people who have the 4 seats next to mine have never been to a playoff game! WTF? They don't even purchase the playoff tickets, every home playoff game we have had, I end up next to a fan of the opposing team. I just don't understand some people.

CORed
11-09-2005, 01:49 AM
I can understand people leaving early when the outcome is no longer in doubt, but leaving early in a close game is stupid.