PDA

View Full Version : 1bb/ hour in loose games (LOW CONTENT)

Sinnister
11-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey all, I was just wondering if loose games are still 1bb per hour in the long run. Most sessions I sit down at a certain .5/1 site the games are very loose and opponents extremely predicatble. I seem to be making way more than 1 bb per hour ill make 50 bux in 8 hrs on avg. Am I just running well or is it the nature of the games. And when I say loose I mean loose they play unplayable hands and give money on the flop having caught nothing with offsuit q6's etc. 1 bb per hour just doesnt seem realistic in this game. Should I fear that the worst is yet to come?

kapw7
11-06-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey all, I was just wondering if loose games are still 1bb per hour in the long run. Most sessions I sit down at a certain .5/1 site the games are very loose and opponents extremely predicatble. I seem to be making way more than 1 bb per hour ill make 50 bux in 8 hrs on avg. Am I just running well or is it the nature of the games. And when I say loose I mean loose they play unplayable hands and give money on the flop having caught nothing with offsuit q6's etc. 1 bb per hour just doesnt seem realistic in this game. Should I fear that the worst is yet to come?

[/ QUOTE ]

The games at those limits at least at Party have so many bad players that you can easily obtain a high win rate. It is better to talk in terms of BB/100 rather than BB/hr as in online poker the number of hands you play per hour varies a lot depending if you multitable etc. Don't care with your winrate too much because it's easy to run well and think that you really "rock at poker" or run bad and become too weak tight. Good luck.

Sinnister
11-06-2005, 04:03 PM
well im playing on another room that doesnt support my pt but I am a definate winning player. That being said the games I play at are nothing compared to party as I actually left party because the games are too tight. This comment has gotten my head bitten off on here b4 but I stand by it.

11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I actually left party because the games are too tight. This comment has gotten my head bitten off on here b4 but I stand by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not biting your head off, but you think the $0.50-1.00 games on PottyPooper are tight? Either you don't bother w/ game selection or you found a much better place to play. If so, where do you play? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The games are not "too tight" there. I don't know how you came to that opinion.

Also, you play more hands per table per hour. So a decent player will have a winrate larger than 1 BB/Hr compared to the standard B&M/live scenario. Of course, the general skill of the players at the level you play also influences this.

11-06-2005, 05:33 PM
If Party is too tight for you, I'm guessing you must be playing at Paradise. Not many other looser options.

Yes, playing at the loosest site in the world can conceivably net you 6BB/hr, but don't be surprised if it swings back the other way, either - with looseness comes variance. I ran amazingly great for my first few weeks at limit before what I call The Big Plummet™. Now I'm over 5BB/hr in my first 3000 hands at 1/2 6-max (and that's mostly at Stars) but I harbor no illusion that I'm really that good.

Advice: keep learning.

lautzutao
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
If you're "killing" .5/1 move up. Stop worrying about how much you make, and play more poker.

VBCurtis
11-06-2005, 09:26 PM
When were loose online games *ever* 1BB/hr? That stat was from before online poker, used for B&M low-limit games, where there are about 30 hands dealt per hour. Just translating to PT stats would make 1BB/hr guide for B&M roughly equal to 3BB/100, which is a very healthy winrate at .50-1 or 1-2. If you play 2 tables well, that's 6 BB/hr of playtime. Does that fit your experience better? Are you talking thousands of hands, or a 100BB rush in a week that makes you "definitely" a winner?
-Curtis

Sinnister
11-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Okay I was playing on Doyle's Room, games are pretty loose, and yes I said that the party games are tight but Ive been watching the games today and they are actually just as loose if not looser. I am convinced this has happened because of the split from sister sites where all the "experts" play for rakeback etc. But i am watching the games more closely and they have definately loosened up. So have u guys lol, last group probably wouldve banned me if they could for saying that. And thanks for bringin me up to speed on a good online winrate, always figured as much but just didnt hear it in words. Im gonna be switching to party again and Ill see how it goes.

Do party tables still break up fairly fast?

11-06-2005, 11:01 PM
err most of its already been said, but really noone even quarter decent at this game should be making 1BB/hr at ML.

i would guess that most people around here are at about 3-4 BB/100... and multitabling can fit in at least 400-500 hands/hr? (this is just a guess)

if your killing it, practise multi tabling (at least 4 tables) and then move up

deception5
11-06-2005, 11:41 PM
The 1bb/hr is for live games. Online, dealing is faster and you can play multiple tables so higher rates are very possible.