PDA

View Full Version : PP 3/6 Re-raise this flop? Or did I play it right?

Aximillian
11-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Table is 17/8/31
SB is 30/9/1.64 with 55 hands
I've been pretty quiet for a while, not doing much for about 30-45 minutes

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Does this warrent a re-raise? Or is a how I played it better?

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

HajiShirazu
11-06-2005, 01:04 PM
I would go ahead and get the 3 bet in on the flop, hoping button comes along as well. You need to put in at least two more raises somewhere and the flop gives you a better chance of the button calling along for the ride.

11-06-2005, 02:22 PM
My standard play is to three bet the flop. Once button called a bet, he's likely staying in. If he has a weak hand (a jack, a seven, a pocket pair) facing him with two cold on the turn is going to lose him. The only hands that are going to call you are hands that have a good chance of beating you (flush draws, straight draws). These hands (weak pairs) will usually stick around for two more on the flop and then stay around for one more on the turn, feeling roped in, usually drawing dead.

As it turned out SB had a jack, the other guy had a flush draw, and your line was optimal (this time).

flopmonster
11-06-2005, 03:23 PM
3 bet the flop is pretty clear. With the hearts and str8 draws on board pump it on the flop

Optisizer
11-06-2005, 05:37 PM
I would probably have gone ahead and reraised. For only 1 small bet more I might be able to drive out the Button, making the hand heads up in position against SB (right now, you're wedged between them, not a good place to be with a second-best hand in case either improve), while the total money contributed to the pot by opponents would be the same as had the Button stayed in for only 1 small bet. In case Button cold-calls two, or SB reraises again, you might be up against a bigger set than yours (which is the lowest possible at the moment) and have to consider letting it go.