PDA

View Full Version : 2nd nut flush get's shown resistance by loose/passive

Walker
11-06-2005, 12:35 PM
4/8 live

EP is a 50ishEastern European bald man who just sat down. He din't raise KTs in CO behind a whole bunch of limpers.

MP is loose passive. Earlier I raised AQ in MP behind limpers, he CC'ed T7o on the button, flop:A7x, turn: T, River K and he just calls down all the way. If he bets or raises the turn he generally doesn't take a free showdown on the river.

CO is a raggedly looking shrunken-eyed kid, who looks like he hasn't slept in a week. He's a loose/passive fish who has no clue how to play poker and doesn't seem to mind losing (he's down $500+ in two or three hours).

5 limpers, I complete K /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB.

flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gifX

I bet, bunch of callers

Turn: /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, EP caller, MP raises, CO calls, I???

WordWhiz
11-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Even given your LP read on MP, I'd have to reraise. Even very passive players will bet a flush, and odds alone say that it's more likely than not lower than yours. You've got the second nuts, stop seeing MUB.

Somewhat related story from one of the few live games I've played. This one guy is losing and rebuying like crazy, must have dropped 2-300 at the 2-4 table in just a few hours. Uber-passive calling station. He reaches for his chips and dangles them over the board, ready to call any bet. Doesn't care that he's telegraphing his actions in advance. Has raised maybe twice all night--not just preflop, total.

Anyway, this one hand the board makes four to a flush and he and another player are the only two left. Other player bets, uber-fish raises! Other player hesitantly calls, figuring he must be beat when this idiot raises him. Other player flips over the Q for the second-nut flush (A on the board). Uber-fish flips over the "nut" straight. He was so happy to make his straight on the river he didn't notice the four-flush!

Moral: fish are stupid. Don't back off of the second nut flush just because some guy who never raises raises.

Kumubou
11-06-2005, 12:49 PM
3-bet anyway; he could be doing this with any flush. While with any player the A-high flush should be most likely, he seems bad enough to be doing this with any two spades.

The question here is how many bets do you put in. I figure 3-bet here, call a cap, and bet/call the river. It comes down to how passive he is -- will he jam with any strong hand, or will he only raise with the nuts?

-K

tyler_cracker
11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet anyway; he could be doing this with any flush. While with any player the A-high flush should be most likely, he seems bad enough to be doing this with any two spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, i'm raising this turn with any two spades. Does that make me a fish?

Redd
11-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Easy 3-bet IMO. Note that with the overlay from 1.5 other players putting dead money in the pot, Villain needs to have Ax/images/graemlins/spade.gif a very large percentage of the time for a 3-bet to be -EV (ie, The equity you require to raise for value went from ~50% to ~30%).