PDA

View Full Version : 22- Another AQo hand

Doc
11-06-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm going through a lot of hand histories this morning, AQo seems to be a tough hand for me to know what to do...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t930)
Hero (t780)
UTG (t2305)
MP (t765)
CO (t680)
Button (t2540)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t100, 3 folds, SB is all in for 930, hero?

Am I shortstacked enough to call the all in here?

Thanks for any replies,

Doc

1C5
11-06-2005, 11:56 AM
More than 1 AQ question at the same time on the forum? Put them all in 1 post or wait before filling up the forum with all your questions.

Doc
11-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I apoligize. I was going through logs and posting as questions came up.

Sorry,

Doc

1C5
11-06-2005, 01:08 PM
no prob.

as for this hand, it all depend on your read on the SB. If he has been tight, I fold, if he has been a maniac, I may call. You still have a decent stack so no, you are not in a position where you have to call here.

EDIT, also depends when the blinds go up. Basically I can't answer with such limited info.

patrick dicaprio
11-06-2005, 01:09 PM
very close, if i were closing the action i would be much more likely to call. you are roughly 11-8 here so given the chance you are ahead which may be fairly often and the rest of the time you are a likely race vs. a smaller pair if i am closing it i call. UTG may call with enough marginal hands here that this could tip the tables.

Pat

11-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Depends upon what you think SB's pushing range is. I think this is a real close decision in practice, but an easy call in theory. The SB should be pushing a wide range of hands which makes the call easy. In practice, I think the SB will be much tighter than theory would demand and there is the limper to consider. But, I call.

If you had posted a general "how do I handle AQo" type question, you would have been told to post specific hands. You posted specific hands and are told to group them together. Don't worry about it, you're doing fine by posting the hands, even if there happen to be two AQ hands. It's nice to have some hand posts to drownout the "SNG Challenge", "Sad Day" and "LT" & "OT" posts.

1C5
11-06-2005, 01:14 PM
From the ml limit forum:( makes sense here also)

By lurking for a bit, you'll quickly observe the common structure of a hand post. A quick summary is to:

provide context: Recreate the hand by providing all relevant information (reads, pot size, action, your thoughts, etc) you had at the time. Often this means you should stop the action at your decision point. Since you did not know what would happen after your decision, neither should anyone else.

Informal rules of this forum try to limit the number of hand posts by a user at one time.. often at two. By posting more than than two topics at once, you are pushing other posters' topics off of the first page.

Doc
11-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Point taken and I apoligize again. I forget not everyone sees 25 posts per page. I shall heed your advice.

Doc

11-06-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By posting more than than two topics at once, you are pushing other posters' topics off of the first page.

[/ QUOTE ]There are only 10 (non-stickied) threads on the first page. And, three of those are OT. The possibility of pushing something to page two shouldn't be much of a concern when posting a hand with a real question.

Jbrochu
11-06-2005, 01:31 PM
You're getting just slightly better than even money if UTG folds. It's doubtful UTG has AK and since the SB should be pushing with a large range here (including hands you dominate as well as coin flips) I call and hope UTG comes along.

GtrHtr
11-06-2005, 01:51 PM
EV wise, unless you put the SB on a very tight range, this is a marginal call if it was just between you and the SB. UTG limping adds another dynamic to this based on whatever reads you may have and what sort of hand range you may put him on.

pokerlaw
11-06-2005, 02:06 PM
this one is VERY read dependent. how tight was SB playing? had he pushed like that before? was UTG limping a lot/playing weak?

if it were me in the SB that pushed, my range could be VERY wide if I read UTG's limp as weak and ripe for the stealing. therefore, i would call myself w AQo, if that makes sense /images/graemlins/smile.gif