PDA

View Full Version : Even NL can't eliminate the crazies!

slogger
06-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Party NL $25max -
There had been much discussion of my preflop raising, particularly with the player to my left...he kept asking me if I was only raising w/ high cards or poket pairs, and rather than reply with the obvious, I intimated that I would raise with anything if I thought people would fold.

I've got about $34 in my stack UTG+1 w/ Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Now I think it might be time to get paid off on the table talk.

UTG limps, I raise to $10, guy on my left continues the conversation about my raises but folds, along with the player to my right. Loose MP (who cracked my queens earlier after calling stiff pre-flop and flop raises with pocket 7s and sucking out a set on the river) calls. Everyone else folds. Flop comes:

2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

MP has about $35 left. I go all-in ($24) and he quickly calls, showing 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif !!!

Turn: blank

River : 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I apologize for including no worthwhile question here, but I figured enough people get a kick out of absurd bad beat stories. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
06-18-2003, 10:48 AM
You'll keep seeing this on a regular basis there. It will probably even increase because they're advertising so much.

this was actually good because the player who made an atrocious play got paid off and will keep making those plays. get him in your game whenever you can.

al

cferejohn
06-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Indeed, the NL games on party have been insanely bad lately. At many tables, I'll find one or two guys who just keep shoving in their whole stack pre-flop with really marginal hands. I just wait until I get QQ-AA or AK and call them and usually double up. Not the most exciting way to play poker, but effective. When captain insano actually folds a hand, I find I can often outplay the rest of the table, who are often shell shocked from being pushed around for so long.

I also find there is more trash talking and taunting on these tables for some reason. Don't know why. I often turn off chat if it gets too bad.

slogger
06-18-2003, 02:00 PM
That's basically what I said to him (as this was the second time it happened) - "Nice hand. We should play together all the time!"

slogger
06-18-2003, 02:02 PM
One of things that actually got under my skin in the game was the player to my left (who, as I mentioned above, kept discussing my pre-flop raises) was telling others at th table when to call or go all in, etc. I've seen a ton of this on Party on the last week or so, and it bothers me infinitely more than any trash talk.

Copernicus
06-18-2003, 03:21 PM
If someone is commenting on the play during a hand online, I immediately call him out and call in a floorperson.

slogger
06-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a plan. Wasn't really sure of the etiquette (not that this particular opponent even knew what etiquette is) online, and figured I could put up with it temporarily.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-18-2003, 05:42 PM
On party, you can block chat from specific players, a terrific function.

If only it worked on the internet forum here.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
06-18-2003, 05:45 PM
this type of crap is never tolerated even a little bit in B&M cardrooms. "One player to a hand" rule is usually strictly enforced. I'm not sure about online, but if it bothers you (as it does me) I'd be very stern about it, and if it happens twice I'd notify the floor.

al

cferejohn
06-18-2003, 06:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
this type of crap is never tolerated even a little bit in B&amp;M cardrooms. "One player to a hand" rule is usually strictly enforced. I'm not sure about online, but if it bothers you (as it does me) I'd be very stern about it, and if it happens twice I'd notify the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and then that zippy Party Poker service will be right on it. Well, I guess you ahve to try, but they sure can be slow sometimes, and it is probably worse now with their recent influx of players.