PDA

View Full Version : getting robbed, ripped off in a foreign country.

11-06-2005, 09:33 AM
When i was 18, i got scammed trying to buy weed in paris. there seemed to be hash everywhere, but we were trying to get some green. me and my friends had no connections. we went to the area where we had scored some hash previously, and talked to a friendly algerian man about some pot. one thing led to another, and suddenly there were 6 algerians surrounding me and buddy. the first guy politely made it clear that if we didn't hand over the money, it was gonna get ugly. we had only brought however many franc's we planned on spending on said purchase, and i decided the prudent move was to hand over the cash. that was kinda funny.
Another time in jamaica, me and 3 others went up to a "plantation" near ochos rios. we got some ganja when the propriator pulled a knife on us. there also happened some seemingly less seedy rastas as well as a gaggle of tourists, and this time i just jogged over to the group, and the guy gave up.
some guy in london once sold me what appeared to be fresh tea leaves. the next day i ran into him on the streets, confronted him... and he tried to sell me coke.
mine are pretty tame, anyone got any good ones?

Blarg
11-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Looks like they can see you coming from a mile away.

KaneKungFu123
11-06-2005, 09:55 AM
only buy from other foriegners you idiot.

11-06-2005, 10:01 AM
the two euro incidents happened when i was 18 and didn't know any better. and as for jamaica, well, it's a dodgy place when you go off the beaten path. i've done alot of traveling, and i don't think three mishaps is that bad. plus, it's no fun to buy off the foreigners.

Arnfinn Madsen
11-06-2005, 10:07 AM
I have a friend who bought some hash in Nice. Or so he thought, but it turned out to be fake. No biggie, but a few days later he flew from France to Canada to visit his sister and was stopped by customs. He had forgotten to throw the fake hash away and they discovered. He got into a long discussion and he felt that they started to believe him. However, he was told he was not allowed to enter Canada and had to fly back. He tried to say that he could pay for lab testing to prove his innocence but it was to no help. That was expensive hash /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Blarg
11-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Holy cow, what a dumb move. This deserves entry into the Dumb Move Hall of Fame.

KaneKungFu123
11-06-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the two euro incidents happened when i was 18 and didn't know any better. and as for jamaica, well, it's a dodgy place when you go off the beaten path. i've done alot of traveling, and i don't think three mishaps is that bad. plus, it's no fun to buy off the foreigners.

[/ QUOTE ]

im all for travel experiences as long as it doesnt have anything to do with drugs. its just not worth it.