PDA

View Full Version : QTs HU - intresting situation

oreogod
11-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Assume unknown-ish player...competent player, but not crazy.

Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif Im sb w/ button.

I raise, BB 3bets, I call.

4/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6sbs)

He bets, I raise, he 3bets, I cap, he calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (7bbs)

He checks, I bet, He CRs, I.... (10bbs)

1. What is my turn plan...
2. ...and if u continue what is your river plan? (this can include both a good player and loose-ish player if u want)

EDIT: There are a few other lines that can be taken here, others are calling the flop threebet and raising turn (not sure I like this though, for reasons on the turn...unless u are folding to a turn 3bet) or calling flop 3bet and do a call down.

oreogod
11-06-2005, 09:30 AM
maybe this is moronic...Im really just curious if anybody calls here. Paired board kills calling imo (obviously depends on read...and the type of player u are against and such)...while u are also prolly obliged to call more than a few rivers, so 11:2 fo call down...w/ 2 outs at best if behind....pretty sure unless its one hell of a semibluff that CR is fold-able.

ALL1N
11-06-2005, 09:39 AM
I'd fold. But you put yourself in a tough spot by capping the flop. I would have just called down once he 3-bet.

kapw7
11-06-2005, 10:01 AM
He can't have a 4 and he knows that you don't. So this means an over- PP or TT. Since he is unknown then you are unknown tto him, so I don't think he would bluff AK or lower PP here enough times.

Having said that I would call down b/c I never fold in similar boards and ppl can do crazy plays on paired boards all the time. I also like to see his hand and give a "calling station" image so he will value bet me in the future more than push me out of a pot.

(Take all this with a grain of salt as I'm a noob at HU)

bugstud
11-06-2005, 10:13 AM
I often just call the flop, even.

oreogod
11-06-2005, 10:21 AM
I agree calling the 3bet on this flop is probably better.