PDA

View Full Version : good time for a squeeze or spewage? foxwoods 5-5

smurfitup
11-06-2005, 07:00 AM
i've been at the table for 30 min. or so and haven't played a hand past the flop... utg+2 seems like a good, thinking player... utg seems donkish... effective stacks are $1500

utg limps, utg+2 limps, mp1 limps, co makes it 25, hero calls in sb w/ 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gift /images/graemlins/diamond.gif bb calls, limpers call
($150)

flop is q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked around

turn is k /images/graemlins/club.gif
hero checks, utg bets 70, utg+2 thinks and calls, hero makes it 300...

edge
11-06-2005, 07:07 AM
I presume you were going for a checkraise on the flop? Turn is kind of weird. I don't think many players would go for a cr on the turn after missing a flop cr with something like 88 or 66. Although I normally like to be in there betting and raising, I think calling after the other caller is not bad. Your outs are pretty well disguised.

sawseech
11-06-2005, 07:08 AM
you need utg to fold
300 probably isn't enough to muscle him out
once utg folds, utg+1 will too; if utg calls, utg+1 calls (or may reisolate YOU figuring you for a squeeze)

make it at least 400 if you're going to do this

i would fold and wait since i have good relative position on utg's action

smurfitup
11-06-2005, 07:11 AM
well, since it was like 48 people to the flop, i was waiting to see how the action transpired... i actually would play a set the same way, though, since you would assume the k hit someone with so many players in the hand... maybe this is a leak?

edge
11-06-2005, 07:12 AM
The pot should be 125 + 140 = 265 with 70 to call. I win and get to be the first person to point out DOUBLE GUTTER CLEARLY I AM A GREAT PLAYER BECAUSE I NOTICED IT AM I RITE. Folding sounds pretty bad to me.

sawseech
11-06-2005, 07:15 AM
i'm not a big math guy and will tend to chuck a double gutter here if i'm not squeezing

smurfitup
11-06-2005, 07:15 AM
hahaha, you certainly are the greatest... i guess just calling the turn becomes a bit problematic since at is likely for either villain and a j would bust me.. either way, i think folding is the worst option available.

creedofhubris
11-06-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha, you certainly are the greatest... i guess just calling the turn becomes a bit problematic since at is likely for either villain and a j would bust me.. either way, i think folding is the worst option available.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT is likely? These guys suck that hard?

smurfitup
11-06-2005, 07:34 AM
more likely for utg than utg+2, though it does seem that utg+2 is on a draw.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Bluffing into multi-way pots in this game tends to be suicidal

thabadguy
11-06-2005, 02:26 PM
I dont mind the turn raise, id bomb it to a lil more than 300, possibly 400+. But if you do this and get called, are u gonna bomb river if you miss? cuz if you dont then raising the turn is bad.

creedofhubris
11-06-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 14 outs to come, if he gets 2 callers it's pretty much EV-neutral.

Percula
11-06-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind the turn raise, id bomb it to a lil more than 300, possibly 400+. But if you do this and get called, are u gonna bomb river if you miss? cuz if you dont then raising the turn is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you miss the river, how much are you nailing it for?

If you hit the river hard, how much?

BobboFitos
11-06-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 14 outs to come, if he gets 2 callers it's pretty much EV-neutral.

[/ QUOTE ]

i count 8

FoxwoodsFiend
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM
I also count eight outs. Also, the chances that BOTH call may not be very high but the chance that at least one does is very high.

11-06-2005, 05:08 PM
i like the idea, but would make the turn bet about $225

thabadguy
11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
"i like the idea, but would make the turn bet about $225 "
What the hell does that accomplish?

DcifrThs
11-06-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

these two posts above are the biggest collection of retarded words for the word "bet" ive ever seen

seriously.

Barron

thabadguy
11-06-2005, 05:25 PM
LOL!!
Blame AZK for that...hes the one who got me saying "bomb"

fuego527
11-06-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

these two posts above are the biggest collection of retarded words for the word "bet" ive ever seen

seriously.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've never seen such a collection with more than 2 elements, your claim that is not that impressive.

smurfitup
11-06-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i did miss... on the turn, utg folded and utg+2 called after thinking for a while. i was pretty sure he was on a draw and i bet $600 on a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn and he folded pretty quickly.

thabadguy
11-06-2005, 07:46 PM
nh.

creedofhubris
11-07-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also count eight outs. Also, the chances that BOTH call may not be very high but the chance that at least one does is very high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has double gutter to go with flush draw.

IMO, with a draw that good getting called is not so bad.

Roman
11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he didnt have a flush draw...

creedofhubris
11-07-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he didnt have a flush draw...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh. Silly red cards.

Yeah, in that case I vote check call turn, and it's not close.