PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Wireless Broadband

ZeeJustin
11-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Anyone use it? I'm looking for a good provider.
-ZJ

Maulik
11-06-2005, 03:47 AM
tmobile has one, it works at starbucks, its a good starting point.

google has been buying up landlines if I remember correctly, nothing public about their offerings, yet.

jdl22
11-06-2005, 04:00 AM
I've been using Verizon for a couple months. Works well. Not sure where you live but it apparently works in pretty much every city in the US. Also, you can get a really slow connection anywhere you get digital cell phone signal from Verizon if it's not in one of those cities.

As far as speed and connection problems it seems to be about the same as DSL or cable internet in terms of reliability and a bit slower as far as speed goes. D/L speeds vary, sometimes it's 600 or 700 K/s other times it's really slow. Never had any problems playing poker even when it's downloading slowly. As for reliability it's pretty good, about the same as other types of internet I would say. I've had it a couple months and in that time I've only encountered a couple of times where it was down for a short period of time.

I pay $60 a month.

11-06-2005, 04:57 AM
from personal experience, verizon is almost broadband quality in san diego, los angeles, and las vegas. in other places it can be like a cup on a string

The Yugoslavian
11-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Verizon Wireless' BroadbandAccess plan is the best option I know of in the US. It's is almost exclusively marketed as a business plan so I'm not sure if it's even talked about on the consumer portion of their website. But Verizon still has the most sophisticated and reliable network in the US and that goes even more so for data transferring.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
11-06-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Verizon Wireless' BroadbandAccess plan is the best option I know of in the US. It's is almost exclusively marketed as a business plan so I'm not sure if it's even talked about on the consumer portion of their website. But Verizon still has the most sophisticated and reliable network in the US and that goes even more so for data transferring.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Before anyone takes Yugo's opinion/advice seriously, you should know that he works for ad agency whose main Client is Verizon /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

KaneKungFu123
11-06-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone use it? I'm looking for a good provider.
-ZJ

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant believe internet is crap in city as big as LA.