PDA

View Full Version : AQs preflop

bambi
11-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Of late i have been capping AQs preflop when there is more than 2 others in the pot, especially when i know they are bad players, obviously depending on who the three bet is coming from.

My question is say there is a 5 way pot and you get three bet by a solid player, is it wrong to Cap AQs, even though there wil be 3 others in the pot who will hold crap?

Adam22
11-06-2005, 01:44 AM
what limits are you playing where there are routinely 3 players calling a 3 bet with crap? you should probably just call the 3 bet if anything ( i almost never call a 3 bet with AQ ) and see if anyone caps and use that to base your future decisions on.

Nick C
11-06-2005, 01:49 AM
I think the 3-bet will be AA-QQ/AK too often. I would just call.

ncboiler
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of late i have been capping AQs preflop when there is more than 2 others in the pot, especially when i know they are bad players, obviously depending on who the three bet is coming from.

My question is say there is a 5 way pot and you get three bet by a solid player, is it wrong to Cap AQs, even though there wil be 3 others in the pot who will hold crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have bigger leaks in your game

bambi
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
3/6

say UTG limps, another limps i raise AQs in co, button who is solid three bets, BB comes along, limpers call, should i cap? this doesnt happen often, just happened three times yesterday and got me thinking.

bambi
11-06-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate

ncboiler
11-06-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is so small in term of +EV/-EV that if this is your biggest leak you are in the wrong forum.

bambi
11-06-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is so small in term of +EV/-EV that if this is your biggest leak you are in the wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh i understand what your saying, and yes it doesnt really matter, and i aint losing sleep over it was just wondering thats all

flair1239
11-06-2005, 02:07 AM
As you said, it is entirely dependent on who is doing the 3-betting.. also your position relative to the 3-better.

One situation I would like capping a lot, is if a very solid TAG is 3-betting a raise from a very LAGGy player.

Often in this siutation the TAG will be 3-betting very light.. like 99-66, AQo, AJs... maybe something along the lines of KQs.. but regardless very light.

Dagger78
11-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Just call you have good postion to CR flop if you flop a monster or bet to have the button raise if you flop a pair. I don't think capping here is a good idea against most TAGs. 3-betting a field here will normally be JJ-AA and AK/AKs. These are not hands you want to Cap AQs against regardless of the rest of the donks.

11-06-2005, 08:49 AM
I generally don't like capping with AQs. You're in bad shape against AA,KK,QQ, AK. Since the raise to you is likely to hold one of these hands, I would flat call