PDA

View Full Version : what is the best type of game?

Mikey
06-18-2003, 01:26 AM
What is the best type of game for you?

Which type of game caters to a better player.

Would you think that a game with 7 solid players and 3 bad players would be ideal compared to a game with 9 bad players and only 1 solid player. You being the solid one of course.

I have found that I think I like the game which has more solid players and 3 or 4 bad players rather than the one with all bad players because it is easier to feed off of the bad players than trying to take on the competion of 9 bad players.

Which is better?

PokerPrince
06-18-2003, 03:32 AM
Idealy you want a game that is loose and passive before the flop. This allows you to play more hands and make more decisions, obviously good ones. I prefer this type of game to any other. I also prefer no other good players at the table. All fishies and me is just fine.

PokerPrince

Al_Capone_Junior
06-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Personally, I prefer loose aggressive. However, for the average player, loose passive are probably the easiest to beat. Also, it's better to have a few solid, or at least weak-tight, players in the game rather than all loose, poor playing ones. Nine loose players makes the game more of a crapshoot, as implicit collusion becomes much more of a factor. You'll rarely make any moves, you simply have to make the best hand to win the pot. I like having at least one of two other fairly aggressive players in the game, thus giving me a chance to actually use "raise" as one of my options. Extremely passive games drive me nuts as the only weapon in my arsenal that I can use is "bet."

The game type that caters to the better player varies by player. I know one very good player who is much better at loose passive games than I, but can't handle loose aggressive ones.

al

CrackerZack
06-18-2003, 12:27 PM
There is something in one of the books TOP, HPFAP, 7CSFAP or something about this. It recommends having like 2 or 3 fish and 5 reasonable people. I'm not sure about 7 solid players but give me 7 readable and reasonable people and I'll be in love with the game.

Luke
06-18-2003, 01:44 PM
I think in a limit game I'd like a handful of solid players and a few loose fish. This will reduce variance and implicit collusion but still provide some "dead money" in the game.

However, if the game was no limit I personally would prefer as many fish as possible and as few solid players as possible. The reasons may be obvious. Basically, while there may be some variance, there would be ample opportunities to regain your losses.

Luke