PDA

View Full Version : To all George Carlin fans

11-05-2005, 09:36 PM
New HBO special tonight at 10.

Dynasty
11-05-2005, 09:36 PM
They better rerun it a lot. I'm gong to be at the MGM Grand meeting instead.

tdarko
11-05-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ty.

i hope they record it as his next cd too.

11-05-2005, 09:52 PM
This grand and spectacular event promises to alter the very course of western civilization. George Carlin will unleash a deluge of comedic fury that will make Hurricane Katrina look like a light afternoon shower. We are truely about to witness an epic and stupendous moment in history.

jayboo
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Doh, Cancelled HBO 1 week ago due to there never being anything
worth watching or paying for on.
Hopefully i can find this elsewhere.
Jay. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

LeatherFace
11-05-2005, 11:04 PM
So far sounds like he wants to be a rapper.

whiskeytown
11-05-2005, 11:42 PM
I have the DVR picking it up - (god I love this high definition TV receiver/DVR and [censored]) -

so I'll check it out - I love his humor but for some reason I couldn't read his last book from cover to cover - don't know why....

RB

queenwithatrey
11-06-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MFer why didn't I see this post before now.

Ha-HA! Forgot about HBO-W! Although I'll have to DVR it.

Spaded
11-06-2005, 12:38 AM
*cough* *cough* newsgroups *cough* *cough*

Hopefully it will be released in a day or so. It doesn't take long for things to show up on usenet.

ChipWrecked
11-06-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have the DVR picking it up - (god I love this high definition TV receiver/DVR and [censored]) -

so I'll check it out - I love his humor but for some reason I couldn't read his last book from cover to cover - don't know why....

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many vaporizer hits?

Dynasty
11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm halfway through watching this show and I'm not impressed.

AngryCola
11-10-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's not one of his best specials. The second half is better, though.

Dynasty
11-10-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Carlin's social commentary of "everything sucks" which has been omnipresent in his shows since about the early '90s was never very appealing to me and definitely has worn thin.

I liked him better when he did goofy stuff like "a place for my stuff" in the late '70s and early '80s.

AngryCola
11-10-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Carlin's social commentary of "everything sucks" which has been omnipresent in his shows since about the early '90s was never very appealing to me and definitely has worn thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of it is good, but you're right about it wearing thin. The very last part of the special you're watching is the best of this performance, so at least he still knows how to arrange his act.

[ QUOTE ]
I liked him better when he did goofy stuff like "a place for my stuff" in the late '70s and early '80s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely.

ChipWrecked
11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Carlin has been around a while.

My mom used to say, in the 70's and 80's, that she liked him better when he was doing funny weather reports in the mid-60's.