PDA

View Full Version : A brilliant Val bluff

valenzuela
11-05-2005, 07:13 PM
This is from a HU sng, does this belong on the HU forum or on the SNG forum??? Anyway I prefer to post it here because I always post here.

Seat 1: Val (940 in chips)
Seat 2: CrownMike (2060 in chips)
CrownMike: posts small blind 10
d_maybe(val): posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to d_maybe [3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
CrownMike: raises 20 to 40
d_maybe: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif]
d_maybe: checks
CrownMike: bets 20
d_maybe: raises 20 to 40
CrownMike: calls 20
*** TURN *** [4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif] [5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
d_maybe: bets 140
CrownMike: raises 180 to 320
d_maybe: raises 540 to 860 and is all-in

I will post my reasoning afterwards.

11-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Without some pretty powerful reads, every street here is misplayed.

jeffraider
11-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Just because it works don't make it brilliant. This hand sux0rs lol.

valenzuela
11-05-2005, 08:18 PM
preflop is fine. I forgot to mention his standard bet was a min-raise.
Flop: I think a check is fine, and then he bets 20...how can we know what he has? If I minreraise and he calls chances are he doesnt have a hand, trust me he is getting 7-1 odds to call he wont fold. If he would have felt like slowplaying I think he would have checked instead of min-betting( and if he feels like slowplaying and min-betting he would not have just called my re-raise)
So know Im positive thats its higly likely that he has absolutely nothing.
Ok the turn comes, 86 or 63 isnt consistent with the line followed, to that we need to add that I have 83. So I simply bet and he reraises.
What can he have, I know he has me beat but does he have a King?? Ure joking me right, the line he followed on the flop tells me he has nothing way too often, so I push.
he folds and I go on to win the match.( note that Im only left with 1300 after that hand)

What matter here is the flop.
The way he played the flop tell me has nothing.

applejuicekid
11-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Wait, what? Why can't he have a monster on the flop?

His line is exactly how I would play a flopped two pair or set.

valenzuela
11-05-2005, 08:58 PM
really...lets suppose u have K7.
I check...you min-bet, then u call my min-raise.
Why would you min-bet on the flop and why would you simnply call my min-reraise?

bones
11-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I play a lot of hands that I know are ahead from behind. Sometimes the best way to get money in the pot is to let a hyper-aggressive donk get it in for me.

valenzuela
11-05-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play a lot of hands that I know are ahead from behind. Sometimes the best way to get money in the pot is to let a hyper-aggressive donk get it in for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
But Im supposing that you also play a lot of weak hand that same way. Thats where Im going , I think my play is +EV. In HU play I will always suppose that my oponent has nothing after a line like that, In HU u simply cant see monsters under the bed.