PDA

View Full Version : Semi OT question - Chatting at the table.

Yuv
11-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Do you guys chat while playing? I usually talk/type alot and people don't seem to like it. Isn't it boring just clicking buttons with no communciation what so ever?

Is there any strategy in it? Giving out information or whatever, or is it just totally unimportent?

If I had a dime for every "shut up" comment I got, I would make up for my loses this week /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ClaytonN
11-05-2005, 06:54 PM
It really depends on my mood and what's on the line. I am capable, however, of going completely insane.

11-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Whenever I am in a hand myself or there is a hand that is interesting in which I am taking notes on, I don't chat but if it's dead time im usually chatting if there are people talking.

11-05-2005, 06:56 PM
I say gh and gg religiously. This makes me pay attention to all in hands (which is important).

Yesterday, I realized that watching the chat can be +EV. I pushed over an aggro big stack's raise at the FT with AJo in the SB and was quickly called by AA. I then noticed that he'd typed after raising "I'm just giving these chips away", which should have at least caught my eye, though I don't know that I would've/should've folded.