PDA

View Full Version : First MTT win - thanks

11-05-2005, 06:31 PM
I've been lurking here a lot lately. Mainly trying to work on my game before the bubble. There's tons of good stuff here.

And today it all clicked in a $30 tournament on Pokerroom with 105 entrants. I played pretty tightly until we got close to the bubble and then started bullying the middle sized stacks. It worked great and I made it to the FT in 5th.

When we got down to 4, we were almost even in stack sizes. Then I got TT in late position. UTG bets and I push. He thinks a bit and calls and turns over 99 and suddenly I'm the chipleader with a 2-1 lead over the remaining two. And they start avoiding confrontations with me like the plague, so I pick up a lot of blinds. So that hand was probably the one that won the tournament for me.

Then one of the guys knocks the other out and we're heads up with me having about twice the chips of him. I manage to whittle him down a bit before the final hand where I'm dealt K8o. He bets 2xBB and I call. Flop is AK8. He has A-x and goes all in. I call and my two pairs hold up.

It just feels awesome to finally manage a win.

I want to thank you guys for posting great poker stuff here. I read other poker forums, but this is by far the best. Keep it up.

11-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Congratulations! Nicely done there. I am still waiting for my first win but I got a few tons FT in my bagage /images/graemlins/frown.gif

11-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks. Eller 'tackar'. I'm from Denmark, so we're practically neighbours /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've played a lot of STTs. I think they've helped my FT game a lot. But you probably do that as well...

11-06-2005, 12:31 AM
I'll toss my thanks on this thread too. I made my first FT today in a tournament with some real money at stake. Party 20K freeroll for the 3 billionth hand promotion, 3500 entrants. Finished 4th for, by far, my largest payoff ever for playing poker. What I've learned from this site since being introduced to it a few weeks ago was tremendously helpful in understanding how to play position, aggression, and utilize my table image to maximize my results.

Like the OP said, thanks for all the great advice and analysis!

Python49
11-06-2005, 01:59 AM
can we get $ amounts guys, grats though

Autocratic
11-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Also if you could cash out, and then withdraw it from your account so we can get a picture of you holding up the cash, it'd be appreciated.

Python49
11-06-2005, 02:19 AM
nah, not needed

11-06-2005, 09:20 AM
My 4th in the 20k freeroll was good for $1200.

11-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I got $945 for my win. But the feeling of having won a tournament is worth more /images/graemlins/smile.gif