PDA

View Full Version : Would it be EV+ to wear a WSOP bracelet to a $500 tournament?

betgo
11-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Let's suppose you had one. It would probably have some intimidation value. However, it would also give people information about you and cause them to pay attention to your play.

Jorge10
11-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I would think the WPT wannabes slow the game down enough, do you really want them to give you a stare down every single time you enter a pot?

nomadtla
11-05-2005, 04:40 PM
I think this falls under the same category as explaining plays to fish etc... Why look serious about poker if it means people will try and play their best game against you. Intimidation does have some effect but personally I want the whole table to think I'm just lucky.

betgo
11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this falls under the same category as explaining plays to fish etc... Why look serious about poker if it means people will try and play their best game against you. Intimidation does have some effect but personally I want the whole table to think I'm just lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

In tournaments, there is some intimidation factor. You want people to concede pots to you. Also, I am not sure people view a $500 tournament as purely recreational.

Sykes
11-06-2005, 07:15 PM
If I had a WSOP bracelet at this point in time, I'd wear it always when I play poker.

But I'm just an attention whore.

Besides, you have people trying to push you off aces when you have a WSOP bracelet.

Guthrie
11-06-2005, 11:06 PM
When your work speaks for itself don't interrupt.

soko
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Would depend on your style of play.