PDA

View Full Version : JJ find a fold

11-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry no pretty colors--converter not working

MP1 is 9/6/5 after 40 hands--only other hand i've seen him play is 99 which he raised pre-flop, called a 3-bet, hit a set & played aggressively.

Flop action, turn action?

pokerroom .5/1 (10 handed)
preflop: Hero is J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the CO.
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP1 raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, limper calls, MP1 caps, Hero calls, UTG calls

flop: (13.5SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
UTG checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, MP1 3-bets, Hero calls.

turn: (9.75BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero???

I figure I'm more likely WB than WA here. Villains pf capping range, and flop 3-betting range is pretty slim.

imported_CaseClosed326
11-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Call down. We don't really know that much about this guy right now. If he has Aces oh well.

11-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Though you are likely beat, i would call down.

11-05-2005, 03:30 PM
The pot is fairly big at 10.75BB and you are heads-up. You will only have to invest 2BBs to see the river. So 11.75:2 or about 6:1. If he caps preflop with just AA-TT, AKo and AKs you are just slightly behind in pot equity. Total AF=5 so it is feasible he could be trying to knock you off the hand with AK (AQs, especially clubs) and he might think he's ahead with TT with all small cards on the board. The possibility of him semi-bluffing with AK (or AQ) is increased by the gutshot draw. Even if he caps preflop with just AA, KK, QQ, and AKs your pot equiy is still about 17% so hang in there.

11-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Since its HU - I'm calling down.

I don't really know where I stand in this hand so WA/WB seems like a good way to play it

tyler_cracker
11-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I can fold this turn against this guy. His preflop capping range is AA-KK, maybe QQ, maybe AKs. There's no way this guy 3-bets overcards. Easy fold.

bozlax
11-05-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...only other hand i've seen him play is 99 which he raised pre-flop, called a 3-bet, hit a set & played aggressively.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case he capped. So he's got better than 99, preflop. I wonder if he knows about position?

The only hand I can possibly put him on that we're ahead of when he 3-bets the flop is TT, and I think that's a pretty big stretch, so we're WB a whole lot more than we're WA. I just wish there were a donkey in with us to call him down so we could see his cards, but I don't fancy paying 2BB to get shown how badly he crushed us. Fold the turn.

DCWildcat
11-05-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way this guy 3-bets overcards. Easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with an AF of 5?

We've only got 40 hands on the guy. I think we still need to call down.

tyler_cracker
11-05-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way this guy 3-bets overcards. Easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with an AF of 5?

We've only got 40 hands on the guy. I think we still need to call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

His AF of 5 is with a VPIP of 9. Sure, this guy is aggressive, but only with premium hands.

And while AKs is a premium hand, not so much on this flop. And when another preflop raiser raises his flop bet, it takes some serious mania to 3-bet with just overcards.

Do you really think you're good 1/6 times here?