PDA

View Full Version : A9o line against mega-idiot

queenwithatrey
11-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Villain in this hand is 86.55/3.36/0.57 and often checks the "Call any" box. He literally plays any two from any position regardless of the action in front of him and is probably on a lot of buddy lists.

I slowplayed the flop in order to induce him to bet the turn so I could raise since I am almost always going to be ahead of his preflop holdings and he's called down to the river many times with no hand at all, thus I was thinking about how to get the most money out of him. Is my line smart or pointless?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

cold_cash
11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
I think you'll be better off just betting the flop.

He's not aggressive and likes to call with 'no hand at all'. What makes you think he's going to bet?

Although it worked out this time, usually when you 'slowplay' against this kind of player you're just missing bets.

He'll call with anything, why check it to him at all? What if he checks the turn and then folds to your river bet?

KaiShin
11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
I think this is clear FPS. If he's gonna call, just bet your hand.

11-05-2005, 04:07 PM
You have to bet that flop. His aggression is low, and he might just check behind. Bet the turn as well.