PDA

View Full Version : How to lag it up and then exploit your image (nc)

d10
11-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Don't try this play at home unless you hate money.

FTP $3/$6 Hold'em - 6 max, 6 handed
Hero is Button with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG folds, MP raises, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop (7.5sb): 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
MP checks, Hero bets, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, MP calls.

Turn (6.75bb): J /images/graemlins/club.gif
MP checks, Hero bets, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, Hero calls.

River (14.75bb): T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP bets, Hero raises, MP calls.

Final pot: 18.75bb

The entire table erupts and berates me for being the worst fish in the history of poker. I laugh and tell Villian he sucks at teh poker. Very next hand:

Hero is CO with 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop (7.5sb): 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Let the capping begin.

waffle
11-05-2005, 02:52 PM
brilliant IMO. let the accolades roll in.

fyodor
11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Serious question:

Hand 1 - River is not a K, Q or T. Villian bets. What's your play?

MicroBob
11-05-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn (6.75bb): J
Hero 3-bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

d10
11-05-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Serious question:

Hand 1 - River is not a K, Q or T. Villian bets. What's your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand? The reason for betting so much on earlier rounds was based on the fact that a T was in fact coming on the river. LAG theory 101. If the river was not a T, I would have folded probably on the turn.

d10
11-05-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Turn (6.75bb): J
Hero 3-bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're looking for an answer that makes any sense whatsoever, I don't think you'll find it.

ChuckyB
11-05-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the river was not a T, I would have folded probably on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good line.

11-05-2005, 09:09 PM
These sorts of things are too risky and spewy. You'll get a lag image simply by raising J9s from mp. No need to go crazy.

d10
11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These sorts of things are too risky and spewy. You'll get a lag image simply by raising J9s from mp. No need to go crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I didn't post it as an example of good play. Attempts to analyze the benefits of this play would be giving me too much credit.

sy_or_bust
11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the river was not a T, I would have folded probably preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, even if you're trying to be a total moran, the turn 3-bet sucks. It doesn't do anything but put $$ in with the worst hand.

The idea of exploiting a table image is terrific, but there are much cheaper ways to do it. A lot of it can be pure chance opportunity - showing a bluff, making a seemingly 'loose' peel and hitting a gutshot, etc. You don't need to pay this much and hope you hit a set vs. a steaming player....it just won't work out often enough.

d10
11-06-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the river was not a T, I would have folded probably preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, even if you're trying to be a total moran, the turn 3-bet sucks. It doesn't do anything but put $$ in with the worst hand.

The idea of exploiting a table image is terrific, but there are much cheaper ways to do it. A lot of it can be pure chance opportunity - showing a bluff, making a seemingly 'loose' peel and hitting a gutshot, etc. You don't need to pay this much and hope you hit a set vs. a steaming player....it just won't work out often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again I'll state that attempting to analyze the benefits of this play would be giving me too much credit. There is a "nc" in the subject line because this post was not intended to provide any sort of strategic content.

fyodor
11-06-2005, 12:49 AM
I thought nc meant 'nice catch' which is what your opponent said to you when the T hit on the river.

d10
11-06-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought nc meant 'nice catch' which is what your opponent said to you when the T hit on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might. I used it to mean no content.