PDA

View Full Version : How many original Dream Team members can you name?

mblax10
11-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Without looking of course. For some reason, this occured to me the other morning and how simple it should be to name all 12. Than I looked it up and had 3 incorrect. I asked a handfull of people and surprisingly nobody named all 12 yet.

The 3 I missed are below in white.

<font color="white"> Had Steve Smith, Tim Hardaway &amp; Mitch Richmond instead of Barkley, Mullin &amp; Ewing. Damn Dream Team 2 cluttering my memory.</font>

MEbenhoe
11-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Bird, Jordan, Johnson, Ewing, Drexler, Robinson, Barkley, Mullin, stockton, malone, laettner, pippen

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UCF THAYER
11-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I had the dream team poster in my room all throughout childhood, so this was rather easy.

On a sidenote, I went to UNC basketball camp many years, and the year of the Dream Team, it was a big thing to buy these card packs, where if you were lucky enough, you'd get a card of a Dream Teamer.
Of course, i got Laettner /images/graemlins/mad.gif

LargeCents
11-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Got: Jordan, Isiah, Larry, Magic, Patrick, Mullin, Malone, Stockton, Barkley

Missed: Pippin, Drexler

That's only 11. Was KJ on the team?

MEbenhoe
11-05-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got: Jordan, Isiah, Larry, Magic, Patrick, Mullin, Malone, Stockton, Barkley

Missed: Pippin, Drexler

That's only 11. Was KJ on the team?

[/ QUOTE ]

isiah wasnt on the dream team

Dynasty
11-05-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember, all the players who were on the team were very happy about that.

UCF THAYER
11-05-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jordan said he wouldn't play if Isiah was on the team.(or at least rumor had it)

pudley4
11-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Drexler was the one that stumped me for a minute.

LargeCents
11-05-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jordan said he wouldn't play if Isiah was on the team.(or at least rumor had it)

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the beef? Was Jordan sickend, like the rest of us, at the thought of more Magic-Isiah makeout sessions at midcourt?

MCS
11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Got (in the order I listed them): Jordan, Johnson, Bird, Barkley, Pippen, Drexler, Laettner, Mullin, Robinson
Missed: Ewing, Malone, Stockton

I didn't think anyone was on the team that wasn't. I also figure if I had gotten either Malone or Stockton I would have gotten the other.

El Ishmael
11-05-2005, 05:27 PM
God what a [censored] good team.

imported_anacardo
11-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Missed Ewing. I've sort of forgotten that he ever existed. "I KNOW David Robinson didn't start... did he?"

Also, somehow, Pippen.

goofball
11-05-2005, 08:14 PM
This has to be the best basketball team of all time. Is there any doubt aobut this?

wonderwes
11-05-2005, 10:06 PM
One of the best teams assembled ever.... minus lateneer

Phoenix1010
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM
I got everyone in a few seconds except I somehow missed Johnson, would have gotten him in another few secodns. I had a poster on my wall when I was a kid with all of the Dream Teamers on it. Easily the greatest collection of basketball talent ever.

kyro
11-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I said...

magic, MJ, bird, malone, stockton, drexler, barkley, robinson, pippen, dumars, mchale, kemp

And yes I realize the last 3 are absolutely silly guesses, but I never would have thought of Chris Mullin or Christian Laettner. Ewing never crossed my mind either although it should have.

imported_anacardo
11-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Mullin was awesome, if you're too young to remember his glory days. And Laettner was the token college kid. Who could forget Laettner?

ononimo
11-06-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I said ... kemp

[/ QUOTE ]

this had me ROLLING ...

ononimo
11-06-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mullin was awesome, if you're too young to remember his glory days.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a Brooklyn kid who grew up in the same neighborhood as Mullin and watched all his St. John's games: you are very correct, sir.

[ QUOTE ]
And Laettner was the token college kid. Who could forget Laettner?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm STILL pissed that it came down to Shaq vs. Laettner and they picked Laettner.

F Duke.

Bulldog
11-08-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said ... kemp

[/ QUOTE ]

this had me ROLLING ...

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a time when Shawn Kemp was tremendous--it's not that farfetched.

Hornacek
11-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I sat here for 10 minutes figuring out who the last one was after getting the first 11 quickly... I coulda swore Drexler was on the '96 team, and I was certain Olajuwon wouldn't play for the US...

but in the end, i got all 12 /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mmbt0ne
11-08-2005, 02:04 PM
All of them. I still have the poster in my room!

chessforlife
11-08-2005, 02:46 PM
lary bird, magic, malone, jordan, ewing, pippin, Barkley, stocton, drexler?, dominique?, ohh i've smoked too much pot to remember these things!!!

but we kicked @ss!!!

Aytumious
11-08-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said ... kemp

[/ QUOTE ]

this had me ROLLING ...

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a time when Shawn Kemp was tremendous--it's not that farfetched.

[/ QUOTE ]

1994-NBA-All-NBA (2nd)
1995-NBA-All-NBA (2nd)
1996-NBA-All-NBA (2nd)

And a six time All-Star.

Homer
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm going to give it a shot...

Barkley
Jordan
Malone
Stockton
Thomas
Magic
Robinson
Drexler
...(thinking now)
Pippen?
Bird
Olajuwan?
and for some strange reason that is probably way off I want to say Kevin Johnson (is that his name...the Suns guy)

Homer
11-08-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Barkley
Jordan
Malone
Stockton
Thomas
Magic
Robinson
Drexler
...(thinking now)
Pippen?
Bird
Olajuwan?
and for some strange reason that is probably way off I want to say Kevin Johnson (is that his name...the Suns guy)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, 9. Better than I thought I'd do.

kyro
11-08-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barkley
Jordan
Malone
Stockton
Thomas
Magic
Robinson
Drexler
...(thinking now)
Pippen?
Bird
Olajuwan?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad you lose 2 points for having Bird at the end of your list after the "thinking" part. Seriously, he WAS Dream Team.

Homer
11-08-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barkley
Jordan
Malone
Stockton
Thomas
Magic
Robinson
Drexler
...(thinking now)
Pippen?
Bird
Olajuwan?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad you lose 2 points for having Bird at the end of your list after the "thinking" part. Seriously, he WAS Dream Team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I didn't put a question mark, so at least I realized it was a blatant oversight. /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bulldog
11-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Freakin' Patrick Ewing. I knew I missed a center, I knew it wasn't Kareem (too old) or Shaq (too young) and I knew Dream was on II but not I, yet I still couldn't think of this old guy. Sheesh.

kyro
11-08-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Freakin' Patrick Ewing. I knew I missed a center, I knew it wasn't Kareem (too old) or Shaq (too young) and I knew Dream was on II but not I, yet I still couldn't think of this old guy. Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed him too. I think part of it is assuming Ewing just sucks and has always just sucked. I know this isn't true, but it's ingrained in me.

samjjones
11-08-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mullin was awesome, if you're too young to remember his glory days. And Laettner was the token college kid. Who could forget Laettner?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mullin was a huge part of the team's success in the Olympics. USA Basketball would be wise to add a great spot up shooter like him to the next team (Ray Allen doesn't count because he has failed in previous international events).