PDA

View Full Version : river bluff raise

Lurker4
11-05-2005, 01:50 PM
10/20 6-max at Golden Palace (6 handed)

first rotation at the table, folded to me on the button and I openraise 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB folds, BB calls. No read on button other than that he button openlimped on a previous hand; no stats on this site.

Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Villain check/calls. Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Villain check/raises, I call (?). I plan on calling down most river cards, except maybe the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif or J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. River is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Villain bets, I raise (?).

Good? Bad? Thoughts on turn play/plan and river play appreciated. If not good vs essentially an unknown, what if this Villain had stats of 45/25/3?

josh1122
11-05-2005, 02:18 PM
If we assume he is loose and more passive since he openlimped on the button before, I don't think he's folding enough here to make this worth it. He would obviously call with any 8 or 9, with some stupid slowplayed pocket pair like TT or JJ, and definately A high and likely K high.

Also, I think I may fold to the c/r if we assume he is loose/weak, but against an unknown I like the calldown.

Lurker4
11-06-2005, 11:15 AM
bump