PDA

View Full Version : Huge antes and fast structure

betgo
11-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Played in the new 80+15 at Caesars AC. The ante was 1/2 of the BB, so with a full table there was 4xBB in with blinds and antes. This makes large preflop raises, allin moves, and limping into pots all profitable in many cases.

The structure of the tournament was also extremely fast with the blinds doubling for each of the first 5 levels. Obviously, they wanted this to end fast. A lot of people in this forum would not like this structure.

For a while there was normal raising and limping, but between the ante and the fast structure, it soon got so there was atleast one player allin on every hand.

I play turbo MTTS and multitable SNGs and feel I am good at push fold. However, I wasn't used to quite this forum and didn't play it well. I should have pulled the trigger earlier and made early position pushes with marginal hands even though I knew there were shoprt stacks who had to call.

I wound up in the dead zone due to blind increases and beiong blinded anted off. Problem was I kept getting absolute junk hands in early position and the blinds. The pots were multiway with players allin when I was in the blinds, so I didn't think I was getting great odds to play 74o or whatever.