PDA

View Full Version : QQ with lots of pre-flop and flop raising

pokernicus
11-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Reads:

1. I've only been at table for about one orbit.

2. SB just joined table the previous hand and I tangled with him on that hand which resulted in a chopped pot (he has KQs, I had KQo). He played aggressively pre-flop and flop, that one hand, but slowed down check/called on turn and river to my counter aggression (despite the fact that the turn brought a Q).

3. MP2 was involved in a few pots already and played them aggressively. He showed down decent, but not great, hands. I don't have enough of a read to know if he's TAG or LAG. Maybe he's SLAG.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ??

TomBrooks
11-05-2005, 06:40 AM
CAP IT! and yell Yahoo! when you do it. Then be careful of KK and AA. I'd check the turn after that and see what happens. I might be going into call down mode.

You could also just go into call down mode from the flop three bet onward.

nomadtla
11-05-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CAP IT! and yell Yahoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yahoo! is standard. As to the rest as allways it depends.
If the turn is non-scary I might throw out another bet but go into calldown if I'm raised on the turn.

pokernicus
11-06-2005, 08:54 PM
I smooth called on the flop as did MP2.
There are 10.5 BB in the pot now.

The turn was a J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. This is not a card I liked to see since I am now behind to JJ, and this is a hand that one of my opponents could have conceivably had.

SB bets. Hero??

11-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Im not capping preflop. Im putting in another raise. I am capping on the flop.

pokernicus
11-07-2005, 05:43 AM
What's the rationale behind not capping pre-flop? Before the flop I am likely to not only have the best hand, but also to have a hand that quite possibly could remain the best even after all the cards come out. So I am trying to get extra bets in there to exploit my edge.

I might tread more carefully at a tougher game -- but this is $1/$2 -- so there is a wider range of hands my opponents could have, of which only two (AA or KK) beat me.

I thought that capping pre-flop in this situation is pretty standard -- is there some factor I ought to be considering that I'm currently not?

pokernicus
11-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Here is the rest of the hand. I went into call-down mode, and called SB's bet. MP2 also called.

On the river a J/images/graemlins/club.gif came. SB bet again. I called and MP2 folded.

SB showed T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The way that the hand was played, I thought it was likely that I was behind to a better pocket pair (or possibly to a set of Jacks on the turn), but felt that the pot was compensating enough in case I was wrong -- which I was.

I wasn't sure if the decision to pull back and go into call-down mode was reasonable, or whether I should have been raising somewhere (e.g., on the river).

TomBrooks
11-07-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't sure if the decision to pull back and go into call-down mode was reasonable, or whether I should have been raising somewhere (e.g., on the river).

[/ QUOTE ]SB would have played AA, KK or JJ the same way, so the way you played it looks good for now.