PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars O/8 freerolls...

KKbluff
11-05-2005, 02:36 AM
Does anyone in these freerolls actually know how to play this game?
Im thinking no.

11-05-2005, 03:34 AM
I assume you're talking about those tourneys that get you into the "Weekly round 2" $1000 freeroll. Let's put it this way, when I first started playing poker online (just about 1 year ago) I used to play in these all the time (freerolls that is, not O/8 in particular, in fact I played those tourneys the least). The first time I ever played FL O/8 i did so in one of these tourneys. I finished 10th out of some 3000+. Trust me, I had no profound insight into O/8 at the time. Another time I managed to make the second last table. I don't think I was particularily lucky, it's just that so many players really suck there (plus you have tonnes of players sitting out).

What I did notice, however, is that the players on the final tables definitely knew what they were doing (at least to a $25 ring game level). Whether or not they'd qualify as good by any bigger stakes real money standard I can't say because it's been so long since I've been in one of these and at the time I didn't know enough to recognize a good player.

Ooh, I'm a member now. What do I get?